Located on the “Rock”, to the left of the Prince’s Palace, the Museum of Napoleon Souvenirs is a hidden treasure for history buffs. Prince Louis II’s collection of Napoleon memorabilia and some of the historic artefacts of the palace were turned into this museum. This small and traditionally arranged museum has rifles, guns, swords medals, uniforms, documents and other many other items from the Napoleonic era with a handy audio guide tour lasting half an hour to explain it all. Other documents, old maps of Monaco, photographs and paintings of the palace and Monaco are also part of the exhibits. This attraction will be of interest to those with an interest in history and knowledge of Napoleon, others will soon grow bored with the museum or they could take it as an opportunity to learn more. A personal collection of historic memorabilia of Napoleon and Monaco.
- The palace and the museum are located in the old town, the “Rock”. The Oceanographic Museum and the Saint Nicholas Cathedral are very close by. Plan your day well and you catch all the nearby sites in a day.
- Read up on Napoleon before you visit, even a cursory glance at the Wikipedia article will enhance your experience.
- Parking-Chemaine des Pecheurs.
- The ticket is included in the 9 Euro ticket for the Prince’s Palace, a single ticket costs 4 Euros (2 Euros for children aged 8-14 and students), a ticket including the Palace and the Oceanographic Museum costs 19 Euros (8 Euros for children aged 4-18 and students).
- 1st December to 1st April : last entry 4:30 pm.
- 2nd April to 31st October : last entry 5:30 pm.
- Take either Monaco Bus line 1 or 2, which ends at the Place de la Visitation bus stop and signed Terminus Monaco-Ville. The bus stop is next to the Museum Chapelle de la Visitation.
- Castelroc (French, highly expensive, casual)
- La Montgolfiere Henri Geraci, it is highly rated
- Creperie du rocher (French/Italian, inexpensive, casual)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Monaco before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Monaco and book an accommodation of your choice.
30.27% of people who visit Monaco include Museum Of Napoleon Souvenirs in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
34.69% of people start their Museum Of Napoleon Souvenirs visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Museum Of Napoleon Souvenirs
55.56% of people prefer walking in order to reach Museum Of Napoleon Souvenirs