Museum Of Napoleon SouvenirsCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: Museum of Napoleon Souvenirs, Place du Palais, Monaco-Ville, Monaco
- Timings: 10:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: 377-93251831
- Ticket Price: Free
- Tags: Art And Culture, Museum, History Museum, Educational Site, Family And Kids, Arts And Crafts
Museum Of Napoleon Souvenirs - Review
Located on the “Rock”, to the left of the Prince’s Palace, the Museum of Napoleon Souvenirs is a hidden treasure for history buffs. Prince Louis II’s collection of Napoleon memorabilia and some of the historic artefacts of the palace were turned into this museum. This small and traditionally arranged museum has rifles, guns, swords medals, uniforms, documents and other many other items from the Napoleonic era with a handy audio guide tour lasting half an hour to explain it all. Other documents, old maps of Monaco, photographs and paintings of the palace and Monaco are also part of the exhibits. This attraction will be of interest to those with an interest in history and knowledge of Napoleon, others will soon grow bored with the museum or they could take it as an opportunity to learn more. A personal collection of historic memorabilia of Napoleon and Monaco.
Museum Of Napoleon Souvenirs Information
- The palace and the museum are located in the old town, the “Rock”. The Oceanographic Museum and the Saint Nicholas Cathedral are very close by. Plan your day well and you catch all the nearby sites in a day.
- Read up on Napoleon before you visit, even a cursory glance at the Wikipedia article will enhance your experience.
- Parking-Chemaine des Pecheurs.
Museum Of Napoleon Souvenirs Ticket Prices
- The ticket is included in the 9 Euro ticket for the Prince’s Palace, a single ticket costs 4 Euros (2 Euros for children aged 8-14 and students), a ticket including the Palace and the Oceanographic Museum costs 19 Euros (8 Euros for children aged 4-18 and students).
Museum Of Napoleon Souvenirs Opening and Closing Hours
- 1st December to 1st April : last entry 4:30 pm.
- 2nd April to 31st October : last entry 5:30 pm.
How To reach Museum Of Napoleon Souvenirs by Public Transport
- Take either Monaco Bus line 1 or 2, which ends at the Place de la Visitation bus stop and signed Terminus Monaco-Ville. The bus stop is next to the Museum Chapelle de la Visitation.
Restaurants Near Museum Of Napoleon Souvenirs
- Castelroc (French, highly expensive, casual)
- La Montgolfiere Henri Geraci, it is highly rated
- Creperie du rocher (French/Italian, inexpensive, casual)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Monaco before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Monaco and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Museum Of Napoleon Souvenirs
63.5% of people who visit Monaco include Museum Of Napoleon Souvenirs in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
37.3% of people start their Museum Of Napoleon Souvenirs visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Museum Of Napoleon Souvenirs
75.11% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Museum Of Napoleon Souvenirs