Opera De Monte CarloCurrently Open
- Address: Opera de Monte Carlo, Place du Casino, B.P. 139, Monte-Carlo, Monaco
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: 377-98062800
- Ticket Price: Free
- Tags: Art And Culture, Entertainment, Performance, Concert, Family And Kids, Architecture , Opera House
Opera De Monte Carlo - Review
A dearth of cultural recreations forced Prince Charles III to add a concert hall to the back of the Monte Carlo Casino. The newly designed hall was dubbed Salle Garnier after its architect Charles Garnier. In 1898-1899 the stage was remodelled to make it more suitable for opera. Since then it has hosted many world famous conductors and singers and also 45 world premieres productions of operas. The Beaux Arts architectural style of the building is magnificent and so are the interiors with swinging chandeliers and two royal boxes at the sides. The operas hosted here are still some of the best productions in the world and its patrons are the true high society of Monaco. The tickets are not too expensive as the Princess funds the arts. The Monte Carlo Philharmonic and Les Ballets de Monte Carlo regularly perform here. It is an experience that must not be missed if one has the opportunity.
Opera De Monte Carlo Information
- Check the website to book tickets online.
- Visitors are not allowed to enter the opera unless there is a performance and they have a ticket.
- Dress appropriately in formals.
- No cameras allowed inside.
- Don’t make fun of the fat lady who sings.
- If you find the opportunity of attending the opera go.
- Only a short distance from the Larvotto beach and the Japanese Gardens, you could plan your trip accordingly.
- It is in the same building as the Monte Carlo casino.
- An old historic opera house that hosts some of the finest opera productions.
- Underground parking garage.
Opera De Monte Carlo Ticket Prices
- Prices depend on the production and seats; they can be checked online at the official website.
How To reach Opera De Monte Carlo by Public Transport
- Take the buses 1, 2 or 3 to the casino/opera
Restaurants Near Opera De Monte Carlo
- Le Train Bleu (Italian, highly expensive, formal/jacket recommended)
- Les Prives (French, highly expensive, formal/jacket recommended)
- Buddha Bar Monte-Carlo (South-East Asian, highly expensive, casuals)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Monaco before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Monaco and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Opera De Monte Carlo
28.03% of people who visit Monaco include Opera De Monte Carlo in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
64.49% of people start their Opera De Monte Carlo visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Opera De Monte Carlo
86.67% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Opera De Monte Carlo
Opera De Monte Carlo Trips
1 View3 Days 2 Nights3 Day Trip to Saint-jean-cap-ferrat from Villefranche-sur-merBy: Guest UserCity: Saint-jean-cap-ferrat
Opera De Monte Carlo, Monaco Reviews
In my view the best opera in the world. None of this pseudo modern stuff that others favor. Here you get the freshly created period costumes, the fantastic wigs and make up, the beautiful fresh voices in beautiful talented singers, technology and light are used to enhance decors, not to replace them. Bring a fur jacket because the AC is often well beyond comfortable ( zero stars to the AC technician! )
As always a treat for the eyes ears spirit and all our sensesà
Enjoyed immensely watching The Blue Man Show...after which we hosted on s/v Nefi our⛵
Nice to visit but not a lot to do unless you have unlimited money or a nice bank manager.
Best place to visit