Opera De Monte CarloCurrently Open
- Address: Opera de Monte Carlo, Place du Casino, B.P. 139, Monte-Carlo, Monaco
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: 377-98062800
- Tags: Art And Culture, Entertainment, Performance, Concert, Family And Kids, Architecture , Opera House
About Opera De Monte Carlo, Monaco
A dearth of cultural recreations forced Prince Charles III to add a concert hall to the back of the Monte Carlo Casino. The newly designed hall was dubbed Salle Garnier after its architect Charles Garnier. In 1898-1899 the stage was remodelled to make it more suitable for opera. Since then it has hosted many world famous conductors and singers and also 45 world premieres productions of operas. The Beaux Arts architectural style of the building is magnificent and so are the interiors with swinging chandeliers and two royal boxes at the sides. The operas hosted here are still some of the best productions in the world and its patrons are the true high society of Monaco. The tickets are not too expensive as the Princess funds the arts. The Monte Carlo Philharmonic and Les Ballets de Monte Carlo regularly perform here. It is an experience that must not be missed if one has the opportunity.
Opera De Monte Carlo Information
- Check the website to book tickets online.
- Visitors are not allowed to enter the opera unless there is a performance and they have a ticket.
- Dress appropriately in formals.
- No cameras allowed inside.
- Don’t make fun of the fat lady who sings.
- If you find the opportunity of attending the opera go.
- Only a short distance from the Larvotto beach and the Japanese Gardens, you could plan your trip accordingly.
- It is in the same building as the Monte Carlo casino.
- An old historic opera house that hosts some of the finest opera productions.
- Underground parking garage.
Opera De Monte Carlo Ticket Prices
- Prices depend on the production and seats; they can be checked online at the official website.
How To reach Opera De Monte Carlo by Public Transport
- Take the buses 1, 2 or 3 to the casino/opera
Restaurants Near Opera De Monte Carlo
- Le Train Bleu (Italian, highly expensive, formal/jacket recommended)
- Les Prives (French, highly expensive, formal/jacket recommended)
- Buddha Bar Monte-Carlo (South-East Asian, highly expensive, casuals)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Monaco before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Monaco and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Opera De Monte Carlo
45.07% of people who visit Monaco include Opera De Monte Carlo in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
61.87% of people start their Opera De Monte Carlo visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Opera De Monte Carlo
86.66% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Opera De Monte Carlo
Opera De Monte Carlo Map
Opera De Monte Carlo Trips
Opera De Monte Carlo, Monaco Reviews
Once in a lifetime type of place.
Nice place, full of show off capitalists!!
Put your camera away in your bag then cloak it for free. Go wander through and enjoy an expensive drink in the lounge at the front. €6.50 - coke, €10 - fruit juice, €17 - long island iced tea. Make it last, enjoy the atmosphere, watch the super rich and then go use the toilets for free like the peasant you are... like me. Self cleaning toilet seats, no less ;)
Don't forget your jacket and bently......what a lovely place.
All QuestionsOpera de monte carlo
- Macon United Methodist Church
- Franklin's Plainview Airport
- Budd Park
- Orchard Hill Park
- Jefferson Elementary School
- Kingdom Of Christ
- Frey's Custom Rod & Hunting
- Statler Woods
- Saint Michael's Ukrainian Church Hall
- St Thomas Moore Social Hall
- Army National Guard Recruiter
- City Hall
- Mt Olive Pentecostal Church
- Tilford Anthony A Rev
- House Of God