The Museum Of Stamps And CoinsCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: Museum of Stamps and Coins, 11 Terrasses de Fontvieille, Monaco
- Timings: 09:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: 377-98984150
- Ticket Price: Free
- Tags: Art And Culture, Museum, History Museum, Educational Site, Family And Kids
The Museum Of Stamps And Coins - Review
One of the most insightful methods of observing the history of an area is by examining its money. The Museum of Stamps and Coins allows us to do exactly that. Chronicle the dramatic history of this small nation as it was lost and regained by the Grimaldi family, the Sardinian and French stamps that were popular before Monaco established its own stamp and many such changes in history reflected through paper and the meaning we attach to it. Such museums are of course of prime interest to philatelists and numismatists but if one keeps an open mind and an interest to gain knowledge then stamps and coins have much to teach.
The Museum Of Stamps And Coins Information
- Read a little about the history of Monaco.
- A stamp honouring Grace Kelly.
- A stamp and coin museum chronicling local history.
- Parking garages in the area.
The Museum Of Stamps And Coins Ticket Prices
- Adults : 3 Euro, Children aged 12-18, pensioners and students : 1.50 Euro.
How To reach The Museum Of Stamps And Coins by Public Transport
- Bus numbers 4 and 6 will take you to Fontvieille.
Restaurants Near The Museum Of Stamps And Coins
- Le Kiosque (Fast food, inexpensive, casual)
- Zenzen’s (Asian concept, inexpensive, casual)
- Alden’t (Italian, inexpensive, casual)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Monaco before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Monaco and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting The Museum Of Stamps And Coins
25.07% of people who visit Monaco include The Museum Of Stamps And Coins in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
48.48% of people start their The Museum Of Stamps And Coins visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see The Museum Of Stamps And Coins
84.62% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The Museum Of Stamps And Coins
The Museum Of Stamps And Coins Trips
The Museum Of Stamps And Coins, Monaco Reviews
A "must-see" visit for coin enthusiasts and those admirers of the Princely family. The displays are exceptionally presented and there is such a wonderful display of the history of the stamps and coins issued by the Treasury of Monaco in one place. I have visited several times during special exhibits and have viewed many one-of-a-kind coins and medals - highly recommend and a great team of museum staff who are multi-lingual.
Well organized and air conditioned.
Nice little museum. When I went it was entirely empty except my party of people.
Très belles collections, accueil chaleureux.
Super équipe !