How to Reach Mont Saint- Michel
- By Air: There are no direct flights to the small Island. The nearest airport is the Greenville airport, which is 55 kilometres north of the island. Another airport is the Dinard - Pleurtuit - Saint-Malo Airport which is 60 kilometres west of the island. From here you can rent a car or hire a taxi to reach the Island.
- By Car: Driving is the cheapest and best way to reach the parking near the island from where free shuttles are available. From Paris it take 4 hours to drive to the island while the neighbouring cities are located at maximum of 2 hours drive.
- By Train: Trains especially the TGV is preferred to reach Pontorson from Paris and other major cities in France. From Pontorson a bus ride ahead will suffice.
- By Bus: Busses are available from Pontorson and Rennes City Train station. Pontorson is a 15 minutes bus ride from Mont St. Michel.
- By Walking: The island is small and can only be covered on foot. Enter the island by the Causeway as any other way to enter Mont St Michel can be dangerous.