Events and Festivals in Montego Bay
- Jamaica Jazz Festival– Taking place in January, it is a popular jazz event at Rose Hall Great House. Musicians from around the world perform at this event.
- Bob Marley Week – Bob Marley’s birthday celebrations lasts a week. Taking place in Feb it is one of the biggest events of the year in all of Jamaica. The streets fill with music, parades and parties.
- Spring Break - Students from North America flood to Montego Bay for Spring Break parties during part of February and all of March
- Easter Regatta– A 4 day event during the time of Easter, the Regatta has several races participated in by dozens of luxury yachts.
- Reggae Sumfest–Taking place in July, a Friday night beach party kicks of the event that celebrates the popular Reggae genre of music and lasts all weekend.
- Emancipation and Independence Celebration– The celebration of the emancipation of the people from slavery and gaining freedom from colonial rule, this festival takes place in the first week of August. There are several events round the city like music competitions, dances and parties.
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Montego Bay