How to Reach Montego Bay, Jamaica
The Easiest Way to Reach Montego Bay
HOW TO GET TO MONTEGO BAY
- By Air: Montego Bay airport is called Donald Sangster International Airport.There are over 300 domestic and international flights to Montego Bay, Jamaica, operating from over 50 cities in the world. Several airlines from Europe and the United States, Canada as well as the rest of the Caribbean operate flights to and from here. For people arriving in Montego Bay, airport transfers can easily be arranged through the hotel or at the Jamaica tourism desk at the airport.
- By Sea: The Montego Freeport terminal consists of five primary berths two of which are dedicated exclusively for cruise shipping. Several Caribbean cruises dock here. There shuttle bus services, taxis and car rentals available from the cruise ship pier.
- By Road: One can hire a car or take a taxi from any of the other cities in Jamaica. There is also the Knutsford Express Bus services that operate between all major cities in Jamaica.
HOW TO GET AROUND MONTEGO BAY
- By Bus: Several hotels operate a free bus services for guests to major tourist spots. Minibuses arrive and depart from the transportation station off Barnett St at the south end of St James St.Montego Bay Metro a municipal bus service, operates three routes: Greenwood to City Centre; Sandy Bay to City Centre; and Cambridge to City Centre.
- By Car: Local Car rental companies are present through out the island and cars. There are also international car rental companies like Hertz and Avis, which are reliable.
- By Taxi: The official taxis have red number plates and these are safe to use.However, one must bargain and agree on a price before embarking on the journey.
- Route Taxi’sarrive and depart from the transportation station off Barnett St at the south end of St James St.
- On Foot: The two places to explore on foot are Downtown and the Hip-Strip on Gloucester Avenue. One can also walk from the airport to the north end of Gloucester Avenue as there is a sidewalk along the highway and those traveling will less luggage often opt for this. Walking in tourist areas is safe and one can easily navigate the streets with the help of a Montego Bay map. However, avoid other places. Do not walk around in the night, as it is not safe.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Montego Bay and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
- How to Reach Cities Near Montego Bay
- How to reach Lucea
- How to reach Negril
- How to reach Kingston
- How to reach Bull Bay
- How to reach Eleven Mile
- How to reach Yallahs
- How to reach Port Antonio
- How to reach Moore Town
- How to reach Lyssons
- How to Reach Top Cities in Jamaica
- How to reach Spanish Town
- How to reach May Pen
- How to reach Treasure Beach
- How to reach Browns Town
- How to reach Moores Pen
- How to reach Grange Hill
- How to reach Ulster Spring
- How to reach Newport East
- How to Reach Cities Around the World
- How to reach Paris
- How to reach Prague
- How to reach Rome
- How to reach Rio De Janeiro
- How to reach London
- How to reach Miami
- How to reach Sacavém E Prior Velho
- How to reach Juan Viñas
- How to reach Noble Day Care