Montego Bay Marine ParkCurrently Closed
- Address: Pier 1, Howard Cooke Blvd., Montego Bay, Jamaica
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-8769525619
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Water Sport
The Montego Bay Marine Park is a protected area of water along the Montego Bay Coast. The park extends from Donald Sangster International Airport to the Great River. The waters of Doctor's Cave Beach, AquaSol Beach, Cornwall Beach and Dead End Beach as well as the private beaches of hotels in and around Montego Bay are all part of the park.
Activities like fishing and water sports are prohibited in some areas and restricted to the tourist ares.
One can explore the park simply by taking a swim or opting for one of the many diving and snorkelling activities organised along the beach. Glass bottom boat trips also give you a great look into the underwater habitats protected by the park. The park’s headquarters are located at the Pier One marina and rips in a submersible boat are run from there.
- Don't touch living corals when swimming, snorkelling, or scuba diving as it can cause damage.
- Don't reap corals from the sea or buy black or white coral jewellery or other coral products. It is illegal to take or possess black or white corals in Jamaica.
- Leave in place all shells, as an empty shell will soon become the home of a crab or small fish.
- When snorkelling or scuba diving, view fish but do not feed them: indiscriminate feeding destroys their natural eating habits.
- Watch out for swimmers, snorkelers, and scuba-divers when operating a boat and stay at least 100 metres from the red and white diver's flag when it is displayed on a float or boat.
- Taxis, car rentals and buses are easily available here.
- Chester Fried Chicken
- The Pelican
- The Native
- Houseboat Grill
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Montego Bay before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Montego Bay and book an accommodation of your choice.
52.28% of people who visit Montego Bay include Montego Bay Marine Park in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
48.39% of people start their Montego Bay Marine Park visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Montego Bay Marine Park
65.38% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Montego Bay Marine Park