There’s plenty of action on the strip and you’re going to want to be a part of it. Gloucester Avenue is aptly called the Hip Strip. It is bustling street of hotels, bars, restaurants, nightclubs and street vendors. The proximity to the beaches makes for an added bonus.
Begin at the dead-end where you can watch flights land and take off from Sangster International Airport and make your way down the street either on foot or by the free pedi cabs provided by Margaritaville. The street also has useful tourist facilities like banks and car rental companies.
This lively street is ideal for a night out on the town, go partying and bar hopping or enjoy a meal at one of the many restaurants and cafes.
The Hip Strip Gloucester Avenue Travel Tips
- Do look for the free pedicabs, as they are a fun experience.
- Haggle and bargain at the shops before you purchase anything.
- Salesmen from the shops will keep asking you to come into their store. If not interested, be polite but firm and then walk away.
- Beware, drug peddlers and prostitutes approaching tourists on this street is common. If you refuse firmly but politely, they usually leave you alone.
How to Reach The Hip Strip Gloucester Avenue
- Taxis, car rentals and buses are easily available here.
- Jimmy Buffett's Margarita ville
- Bob Sled Cafe
- Groovy Grouper (located on Doctor's cave beach)
- Cuban Cafe
- Ma Lou's
- The Native
- The Brewery
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Montego Bay before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Montego Bay and book an accommodation of your choice.
24.68% of people who visit Montego Bay include The Hip Strip Gloucester Avenue in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
26.83% of people start their The Hip Strip Gloucester Avenue visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see The Hip Strip Gloucester Avenue
67.5% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The Hip Strip Gloucester Avenue