Are you looking for what to do in Montego Bay?
PLACES TO SEE
- Rose Hall Great House: A colonial home with an interesting legend and history. One of the most visited Montego Bay attractions.
- Martha Brae River: When wondering what to do in Montego Bay, head out of the city instead and go rafting on this long lazy and tranquil river.
- Doctor's Cave Beach Club: One of the top things to do in Montego Bay is sunbathe and relax on the beach or swim in the sea. Head to Doctor’s Cave as it is the cleanest and most popular beach in the city.
- Croydon in the Mountains Plantation: One of the best Montego Bay excursions is a trip to this pineapple plantation nestled in the mountains. Tours include lunch on the plantation and transfer to and from your hotel.
- Gloucester Avenue: Things to do in Jamaica, Montego Bay are all about good food and vibrant nightlife, head to the Hip Strip for a variety of restaurants and bars.
- Cinnamon Hill Golf Course (Rose Hall): Golfing is one of the biggest attractions in Montego Bay. Cinnamon Hill is one of the most popular golf courses and is conveniently located.
- Cornwall Beach: A great alternative to Doctor’s Cave Beach and is adjacent to it. It has pure white sands, pristine beaches and is less crowded than most beaches in Montego Bay.
- Greenwood Great House: A 200 year old Georgian house with a beautiful antique collection.
- Montego Bay Marine Park: A protected area of water comprising most of the area and beaches along the coast of Montego Bay, the park’s headquarters organizes trips to the ocean floor in submersible boats.
- Sam Sharpe Square: The heart of downtown Montego Bay, the square is a monument dedicated to Jamaican national hero Sam Sharpe.
- Half Moon Equestrian Center: A must see for riding enthusiasts, the center has beach rides, a pony park and riding lessons.
- Rastafari Indigenous Village: A peek into the life and cultutre of followers of the Rastafarian religion. Guided tours are organized to the village and back.
- Montego Bay Yacht Club: Good food, drinks ambience and stunning views of the yachts docked in the marina.
- The Shoppes at Rose Hall: Shop here for luxury high-end products, jewellery, gourmet coffee and spices.
- Cinnamon Hill Golf Course (Rose Hall): One of the most beautiful gold courses in the Caribbean.
- Houseboat Grill: A novelty dining experience aboard this floating restaurant offering a menu of Caribbean fusion cuisine. It is one of the most famous Montego Bay restaurants.
- Scotchies: Authentic Jamaican food and a laid back atmosphere. Ideal for lunch and a drink.
- Pier One: One of the hottest bars on the Montego Bay nightlife circuit.
- Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville: To get a true taste of Montego Bay nightlife, visit rhis landmark restaurant and bar.
- MoBay Proper: A popular haunt among locals, the restaurant has a bar, pool tables and a casual atmosphere.
- Acropolis Gaming Lounge: The biggest Casino in Montego Bay. Open 24x7.
- Harbour Street Craft Market: Montego Bay shopping is incomplete without a trip to the craft market for souvenirs and handicrafts.
Below we have a list of things to do in Montego Bay and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Montego Bay getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Montego Bay with confidence.