17-mile Drive, Monterey
About 17-mile Drive, Monterey
17-mile Drive, Monterey - Address
Address: 17-mile-drive, Monterey, California
Time Required: 04:30 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 18.5K times in trip plans
Beach, Golf Course, Scenic Drive, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Hill, Picnic Spot
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Before the aquarium, this was everyone’s favourite reason to visit Monterey. Breath-taking coastal views along the Pebble Beach and Pacific Grove as well as sections though historical areas make this unmissable. There are four primary ways to enter the drive main highway entrance at California State Route 1, and entrances in Carmel and Pacific Grove. Now, along this route, you’ll want to stop and take pictures occasionally, so be prepared. Some of the sights you’ll want to take in include:
- Vistas of golf courses such as golf courses including Spyglass Hill, Cypress Point and Pebble Beach.
- High vistas around 600 feet above the sea level.
- Bird Rock
- Point Joe
- Pescadero Point – Site of the Witch Tree / Ghost Tree landmark.
- Fanshell Beach
- Seal Point
- Lone Cypress – One of the most recognised and photographed trees in America. It’s located between Cypress Point Golf Course and the Pebble Beach Golf Links; is 250 years old; and is held in place by cables.
The drive is famous for regularly inspiring artists to paint. There are plenty of places and scenic spots along the drive where you can sit down for a picnic. And fun fact? The Pebble Beach corporation is partially owned by Clint Eastwood.
17-mile Drive Information
- Motorcycles are not allowed into the Pebble Beach gated community.
- Pictures of the Lone Cypress cannot be used commercially.
17-mile Drive Ticket Prices
- USD 10 toll for driving through the Pebble Beach gated community (not required if you’re invited by a community resident, have hotel reservations, or plan to dine here)
Restaurants Near 17-mile Drive
- Restaurants at Pebble Beach or other communities
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Monterey before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Monterey and book an accommodation of your choice.
17-mile Drive, Monterey Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Carmel-by-the-sea Soap Co.
- Best Western Plus Victorian Inn
- Days Inn Monterey Downtown
- Whaling Station Steakhouse
- Cannery Row Brewing Company
- Schooners Coastal Kitchen & Bar
- Monterey State Historic Park Office
- Monterey Veterans Memorial Park
- Monterey Surf Inn Downtown
- Monterey Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Monterey
- What to See in 48 Hours in Monterey
- What to See in 72 Hours in Monterey
- How to Spend 5 Days in Monterey
- How to Spend 6 Days in Monterey
- How to Spend 7 Days in Monterey