El Estero Park ComplexCurrently Open
- Address: 777 Pearl Street, Monterey, CA 93940, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +1-8316463866
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Beach, Park, Play Ground, Bridge, Family And Kids, Adventure, Water Sport, Bird Watching
El Estero Park Complex - Review
Lake El Estro was once a brackish saltwater lagoon, until in 1874, the stream connecting the lagoon to the bay was cut off, and this became freshwater paradise. And what paradise! The lake hosts a thriving ecosystem.
Over 300 species of birds call this park a home, including many migratory varieties. Turtles, fish and frogs also find home in this pretty pond. And you can enjoy this diversity from the park’s other attractions, such as:
- The Dennis The Menace Playground- World famous in it’s own right, the playground was helped along by Mr. hank Ketchum himself. It’s got a big number of fantastic structures including a bridge, a maze, an adventure ship and a steam engine.
- The Monterey Skate Park- Designed by local skateboarders, you can be sure a lot of love went into the making of this.
- The Exercise Course- The 1.2mile running course with three exercise station clusters (each with 6 stations each) was scientifically designed to give you a full body workout.
- Fishing- Rainbow trout, Sacramento perch, Sacramento blackfish, Sacramento hitch, carp, tule perch and yellow bullet heads. There are piers all along the park, and fishing licence is a must.
- Paddle Boat- Rent and explore.
Nearby, you’ll find the Monterey State Beach, the Monterey Bay Waterfront Park, and the Monterey Bay Coastal Recreation Trail.
El Estero Park Complex Information
- Feeding the birds is prohibited.
- You must have a licence to fish.
How To reach El Estero Park Complex by Public Transport
- Bus no. 20, 56, 74, 75. 76, 78 stop Del Monte / Aguajito
Restaurants Near El Estero Park Complex
- Sapporo Japanese Steakhouse
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Monterey before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Monterey and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting El Estero Park Complex
39.43% of people who visit Monterey include El Estero Park Complex in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
54.9% of people start their El Estero Park Complex visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see El Estero Park Complex
79.31% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting El Estero Park Complex
El Estero Park Complex Trips
El Estero Park Complex, Monterey Reviews
Nice little park, in a great area - right next to the water, where you will frequently see paddleboaters. As far as the park itself is concerned, I really feel like the city did a lot with a small space - they put in multiple ramps, two bowls, "wall rides," among many other useful and fun features. At least when I was there, there were ZERO bikers - there is a "no bikes" sign at the front, but such rules are general ignored at other skateparks. At this park, however, I never experienced that. This was only one time, however, so I can't speak for all occasions. My only small complaint is that the concrete isn't very well-maintained in some sections, despite the fact that the park is very new (remodeled in 2015). For example, there are occasional rough patches, and there are other parts where the concrete has large "chunks" taken out of it and/or cracks, which may present a falling hazard should your wheels catch them. With this one exception, I would gladly return!
Alright skatepark good for free but it's got no quarters the bowls alright I've got a few YouTube clips there but it has some good qualityez because it allows scooters
It's not a very big skatepark, but, you know, it's here and free!
Great for skating and scootering
It's so fun🌞🥈🛴