How to Reach Monterey
- By Air: Monterey Peninsula Airport had flights coming in from San Francisco, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Denver, Salt Lake City, and Las Vegas. Take Highway 68 and then Highway 1 to Monterey Downtown.
- By Train: Get off Amrtrak’s Coast Starlight at Salinas. Take the Monterey-Salinas Transit from there.
- By Bus: MST runs from San Jose to Monterey Transit Plaza. The Monterey-Salinas Transit can take you to the nearby towns of Carmel and Pacific Grove.
- By Car: State Highway 1 runs through Monterey.
- By Bus: There is a Spirit Bus system, and a Metrolink Commuter Rail.
- By Car: Rentals are an easy way to get around, but parking is mostly paid, and ticketing is fair but aggressive. It’s still the best way to check out the driving routes though.
- By Cycle: There is no better way to enjoy the recreational trail.