Monterey Bay Coastal Recreation TrailCurrently Open
- Address: Monterey Bay Coastal Recreation Trail, Monterey, CA, United States Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 04:30 Hrs
- Tags: Beach, Trail, Park, Aquarium, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Water Sport, Nature, Bird Watching
The South Pacific Railroad once ran the length of this trail. The Monterey Peninsula Regional Park District saw this abandoned railroad and figured this is no way to waste the beautiful views of this 29-mile route. Along with the cities of Pacific Grove and Seaside, Monterey joined the park district in restoring this pride and joy. In 1986, they gifted this beautiful trail to the world to pedestrians (CARS NOT PERMITTED).
Many major Monterey attractions lie along this trail, such as Fisherman's Wharf, Cannery Row and the Monterey Bay Aquarium, beaches, parks, historic sites and Downtown Monterey. Local businesses thrive on renting out bicycles, kayaks, surfboards, paddle boards, in-line skates and six-people-quadricycles. And seriously the company is fantastic when you’re taking in mile after mile of natural beauty, whether in sealife (harbor seals, sea otters, sea lions, birds, whales) or vistas beautiful enough to leave you speechless.
Monterey Bay Coastal Recreation Trail Travel Tips
- Stay to the right.
- Walk in a line, not more than 2 people abreast.
- Be cool in congested areas.
- Do NOT ride a skateboard between the head of Fisherman's Wharf and the City limit with Pacific Grove.
- No stunt riding allowed on bicycles, skates and rollers.
- Dogs MUST be on leashes.
- Be polite.
How to Reach Monterey Bay Coastal Recreation Trail
- Most buses lead to some point on the trail. Try 12, 20, 21, 56, 74, 75, 78, 22, 55, 69, 70
- Many eateries all along the trail.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Monterey before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Monterey and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Monterey Bay Coastal Recreation Trail Address: Monterey Bay Coastal Recreation Trail, Monterey, CA, United States
- Monterey Bay Coastal Recreation Trail Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Monterey Bay Coastal Recreation Trail(preferred time): 07:00 am - 07:00 pm
- Time required to visit Monterey Bay Coastal Recreation Trail: 04:30 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
25.79% of people who visit Monterey include Monterey Bay Coastal Recreation Trail in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
43.9% of people start their Monterey Bay Coastal Recreation Trail visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
4 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 4 Hrs 30 Minutes to see Monterey Bay Coastal Recreation Trail
73.17% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Monterey Bay Coastal Recreation Trail
People normally club together 17-Mile Drive At Pebble Beach and Monterey Bay Aquarium while planning their visit to Monterey Bay Coastal Recreation Trail.
People also prefer to end their day with Monterey Bay Coastal Recreation Trail.