Are you looking for what to do in Monterey?
THINGS TO SEE
- Monterey Bay Aquarium: 600 species of plants and animals including a kelp forest, octopi, sharks, turtles and jellyfish. 2 million annual visitors.
- 17-Mile Drive: Famous for the artistic inspirations it sparked, there are many points to stop along this famous drive. Don’t miss the Lone Cypress.
- Monterey Bay Coastal Recreation Trail: A city project that replaced the old railway with 29 miles of family friendly walking area open only to pedestrians, following the course of the sea.
- Cannery Row: A fishing industry giant that was reformed into pretty boutiques and a lit of history, and sparked John Steinbeck’s genius.
- El Estero Park Complex: If only every city park had as much sense as to build a complete workout routine right INTO its jogging track. Check out the Dennis The Menace playground.
Below we have a list of things to do in Monterey and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Monterey getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Monterey with confidence.