Costa Rica’s favorite place for hand-on organic farming lessons, brilliant adrenaline rushing activities like night camping and ziplining among others and a plethora of authentic cultural experiences, Monteverde is everything rustic and out there in the wilderness. And to make things utterly pleasant is its misty weather all through the year, except when it is not raining of course. Rainfall is abundant in the region, with almost half of the year experiencing monsoon, making the other half an ideal time to visit Monteverde. Visit anytime between December to May and you are bound to be welcomed by glorious weather.
To get in Monteverde, San Jose plays a very important role, for being served by all major international airlines and of course lying at a close distance. Once you get here, there are a lot of modes to get around Monteverde, with walking being the best way to do so. This is also depicted in several walking tours that local tour operators arrange to bask in the goodness of Monteverde’s best attractions that include Curi Cancha Reserve, Monteverde Orchid Garden (Santa Elena), and Reserva Bosque Nuboso Santa Elena among many more.
The city has a host of festivals and events almost all through the year. Local and national festivals mark the happenings and events in Monteverde. All in all a great place to be in Costa Rica, if you are someone who is fond of wilderness and local culture.
Essential travel information and Monteverde tips for your visit
- Time Zone: Central Time Zone; UTC-06:00
- Currency: Costa Rican colón
- Electricity and Internet: The voltage is 120 V/ 60 Hz. Internet in the form of wi-fi is available at most of the hotels, restaurants and places of interest.
- Languages: Spanish is the official language Monteverde. English is spoken and understood too.
- Security: Dial 128 for ambulance; 118 for fire
- Tipping in Monteverde is optional, as gratuity to your service is already added.
- Be cautious of pickpockets on the public bus.
- Avoid putting your back pack in the overhead rack.
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Monteverde
Save 4%Night Walk in MonteverdeNew on TripHobo
2 Hrs 30 Mins1 Reviews
Save 4%El Trapiche Tour: Learn about Coffee, Chocolate & SugarcaneNew on TripHobo
Save 4%Bungee Jumping: Highest in Central America!New on TripHobo
1 Day 2 Hrs
Save 7%Arenal COMBO Tour Pedal and Paddle Crossing Lake ArenalNew on TripHobo
Save 13%Birdwatching in MonteverdeNew on TripHobo
Save 7%Night Walk in MonteverdeNew on TripHobo