Visit Monteverde - Best of Monteverde
Costa Rica’s favorite place for hand-on organic farming lessons, brilliant adrenaline rushing activities like night camping and ziplining among others and a plethora of authentic cultural experiences, Monteverde is everything rustic and out there in the wilderness. And to make things utterly pleasant is its misty weather all through the year, except when it is not raining of course. Rainfall is abundant in the region, with almost half of the year experiencing monsoon, making the other half an ideal time to visit Monteverde. Visit anytime between December to May and you are bound to be welcomed by glorious weather.
To get in Monteverde, San Jose plays a very important role, for being served by all major international airlines and of course lying at a close distance. Once you get here, there are a lot of modes to get around Monteverde, with walking being the best way to do so. This is also depicted in several walking tours that local tour operators arrange to bask in the goodness of Monteverde’s best attractions that include Curi Cancha Reserve, Monteverde Orchid Garden (Santa Elena), and Reserva Bosque Nuboso Santa Elena among many more.
The city has a host of festivals and events almost all through the year. Local and national festivals mark the happenings and events in Monteverde. All in all a great place to be in Costa Rica, if you are someone who is fond of wilderness and local culture.
Monteverde Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Monteverde tips for your visit
- Time Zone: Central Time Zone; UTC-06:00
- Currency: Costa Rican colón
- Electricity and Internet: The voltage is 120 V/ 60 Hz. Internet in the form of wi-fi is available at most of the hotels, restaurants and places of interest.
- Languages: Spanish is the official language Monteverde. English is spoken and understood too.
- Security: Dial 128 for ambulance; 118 for fire
- Tipping in Monteverde is optional, as gratuity to your service is already added.
- Be cautious of pickpockets on the public bus.
- Avoid putting your back pack in the overhead rack.
Explore the travel itinerary planning tool for your visit to Monteverde and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Travel to Monteverde- Know before you go to Monteverde
Monteverde Travel Guides
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Monteverde
- Cities Near Monteverde
- San Vicente Tourism
- Juan Viñas Tourism
- Bagaces Tourism
- Angeles Tourism
- Pozos Tourism
- Prisma Dental Pérez Zeledón Tourism
- Santa Rosa De Pocosol Tourism
- Tirrases Tourism
- San Rafael Arriba Tourism
- Piedades Tourism
- Puerto Viejo Tourism
- Alfaro Ruiz Tourism
- Other Cities on TripHobo
- Olney Tourism
- Lakewood Tourism
- Italiani Tourism
- Jijel Tourism
- Unnao Tourism
- Stamford Tourism
- Toronto Tourism
- Bauya Tourism
- Baguio Tourism
- S'arenal Tourism