Musee Fabre, Montpellier
Musee Fabre, Montpellier - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 39 Bd Bonne Nouvelle, 34000 Montpellier, France
Ticket Price: 8 EUR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 6.8K times in trip plans
Art And Culture, Art Gallery, Museum, History Museum, Educational Site, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Musee Fabre, Montpellier
Designed by Francois – Xavier Fabre and named after him, Musee Fabre is a confluence of classical and contemporary art displays. Considered to be the best and the most significant museum amongst the other provincial museums, it is the biggest art gallery in Montpellier. The museum underwent an extensive renovation and has been redecorated with passages by the architectural teams of Brochet – Lajus – Pueyo and Nebout. Preserving its classical architecture, the museum today houses a contemporary art gallery wing. The displays of the paintings range between 15th until 19th century, with a large collection of the luminophiles movement. The categories of the paintings are:
- 15th to 18th century: Highlights being Le Petit Paresseux, Twelfth Night Cake and Hector.
- Paintings from outside France.
- Paintings from 19th and 20th century, most of them from Fauvist painters.
- The famous “The Wrath of Achilles” by Francois – Leon Benouville.
Musee Fabre Information
- The Museum provides special facilities for blind visitors, deaf and dumb and those who are hard of hearing.
Musee Fabre Ticket Prices
- Pass’ Agglo: 5 € (permanent collection), 6 € (permanent collection+Hotel Sabatier d’Espevran), 3 € (Hotel Sabatier d’Espevran).
- Family Ticket: 12 € (permanent collection), 12 € (permanent collection+Hotel Sabatier d’Espevran), 8 € (Hotel Sabatier d’Espevran).
- Adult Full Price: : 6 € (permanent collection), 7€ (permanent collection+Hotel Sabatier d’Espevran), 4 € (Hotel Sabatier d’Espevran).
- Admission is free for children under 6.
Musee Fabre Opening and Closing Hours
- The Hotel de Cabrieres-Sabatier d'Espeyran is open from 02:00 PM to 06:00 PM.
How To reach Musee Fabre by Public Transport
- Tram 1 & 2 Comedy Station
- Lines 1, 2 and 4 Corum station
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Montpellier before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Montpellier and book an accommodation of your choice.
Musee Fabre, Montpellier Reviews - Write a Review
Went in to see the current special exhibition - Francis Bacon/Bruce Nauman. Face to face.. Brilliant but finishes on 5th November 2017. If either of these artists interest you it is a must.
We've been to the permanent collection and it was ok. Paintings and sculptures from the 16th century to our days, mainly Dutch and French. However, nothing really mind-blowing. There is also a section on contemporary art.
Big collection of art and beautiful paintings, saw some masterpieces worth seeing. I hated the contemporary art exhibitions, but well I love only REAL art.
A good art gallery. Not huge but good to while away a couple of hours in.
Great museum with a great art work collection.