Place De La ComedieCurrently Open
- Address: Place de la Comedie, 34000 Montpellier, France
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Food And Drinks, Cafe, Leisure, Market, Square, Family And Kids
Place De La Comedie - Review
Named after the Theatre “Opera Comedie”, the square is the central lifeline of Montpellier. Close to the station, Gare de Montpellier Saint – Roch, Place de la Comedie comes to define the culture of France. One of the largest pedestrian areas in Europe, the square is always populated with street artists. This central square offers a leisurely break with its typical French cafes and restaurants. Structured in an oval shape, it is also known as l’oef (the Egg ). The square encircles the famous statue of the Three Graces, considered to be the city’s representative Goddesses. The main features of the square are:
- The historic city centre, known as the Ecusson: It is a downtown area which is devoted to shopping with a range of boutiques and fashion stores.
- The medieval narrow streets in the Ancien Courrier Quarter.
- Opera Comedie House.
- The pedestrian pavements bordered by fine mansions.
The Place also extends into Esplanade de Charles de Gaulle and the Corum. One can also head towards the south-eastern corner which links the square to the citadel of Montpellier.
Place De La Comedie Information
- Timings and ticket prices would depend on shows. Visit the official website for such details.
How To reach Place De La Comedie by Public Transport
- Line 1 & 2 for Tramway.
- Nearest Train station: Saint-Roch train station.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Montpellier before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Montpellier and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Place De La Comedie
95% of people who visit Montpellier include Place De La Comedie in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
56.06% of people start their Place De La Comedie visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Place De La Comedie
79.56% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Place De La Comedie