La CitadelleCurrently Open
- Address: La Citadelle, Rue Saint Marc, Montreal, QC, Canada Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: 1-4186942815
- Ticket Price: 10 CAD
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Walking Area
Set on Cap Diamant, this structure of 10 edifices is the largest military fortress in North America. Built atop the St. Lawrence River, the construction was started by the French in 1750, yet a great part of the striking star-shaped fortifications seen today were built by the British between 1820 and 1850. Constructed to protect the city from possible attacks from the United States in the nineteenth century, the Citadelle evolved to become the official residence of the Monarch of Canada. The fortress is a dynamic home to the Royal 22nd Regiment of the Canadian Forces and every day military displays are organized to amuse guests throughout the midyear months. A lot of people make it a point to visit this location and simply soak in the sights.Some locals make a habit of coming here for their daily walk. It’s beautiful here and peaceful. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Montreal Itinerary 5 Days.
La Citadelle Hours
- Make sure you visit in the afternoon.
How to Reach La Citadelle
- Cote de la Citadelle
- Rue St. Loius
- Bello Ristorante
- Il Bello Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Montreal before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Montreal and book an accommodation of your choice.
- La Citadelle Address: La Citadelle, Rue Saint Marc, Montreal, QC, Canada
- La Citadelle Contact Number: 1-4186942815
- La Citadelle Timing: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm
- La Citadelle Price: 10 CAD
- Best time to visit La Citadelle(preferred time): 12:00 pm - 02:00 pm
- Time required to visit La Citadelle: 03:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
33.31% of people who visit Montreal include La Citadelle in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
70.27% of people start their La Citadelle visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see La Citadelle
62.4% of people prefer walking in order to reach La Citadelle
People normally club together Musee Des Beaux-arts De Montreal and Three Monkeys while planning their visit to La Citadelle.