Mount RoyalCurrently Closed
- Address: 1260, Chemin Remembrance, Montreal, Quebec H3H 1A2, Canada
- Timings: 06:00 am - 11:00 pm Details
- Phone: 1-5148438240
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Mountain, Walking Area, Entertainment, Concert, Family And Kids, Picnic Spot, Sculpture
Mount Royal - Review
The city derives its name from this hill. At a little over two hundred metres high, and immediately to the west of Montreal, it’s a much loved recreation spot. Tourists and residents of the city alike flock here for panoramic views, jogging, cycling and picnicking. In the winter, its the best spot around bring out the skis and the toboggans.Sculptures, the remnants of a show in 1964, are scattered about the place. Concerts are held in the summers. You might even stroll through some of the tranquil cemetaries in the area. An important structure to watch out for is the Cross of Montreal.It was erected in 1924 to comemorate the founder of the city, who, when a flood threatened to destroy the fledgling village in 1643, carried a cross to the mountaintop and when he believed his prayers to the Virgin Mary to Save them had been heard. There has been much debate on whether the hill is volcano, and its not; it’s merely remnant of an ancient (124 million years), now highly eroded volcanic system.
Mount Royal Information
- Visit Kondiarank Lookout for great views.
- Come to the Chalet to Mont Royal in the sumer for big concerts.
- Take your loved one to the Observatire de l’Ést for a romantic evening.
- The park management provides activity equipment on rent to visitors.
- No disability access.
- The Smith House in the park sells souvenirs.
- Beverages can be had at the chalets, One at the bottom of the park, and one at the top.
How To reach Mount Royal by Public Transport
- Chemin Remembrance
Restaurants Near Mount Royal
- Bistro Duo.D
- Espace Cafe & Espresso Bar
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Montreal before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Montreal and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Mount Royal
80.07% of people who visit Montreal include Mount Royal in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
26.53% of people start their Mount Royal visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Mount Royal
90.27% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Mount Royal