How to Reach Montreux
- By Air: There are no direct flight to Montreux, as there is no airport in Montreux. The closest airport is Geneva, where a train to Montreux departs on the hour. The train journey to Montreux is less than an hour.
- By Train: You can reach Montreux by train from any city in Switzerland. The most popular train routes are from Geneva and Lausanne.
- By Bus: Montreux is well connected with the inter-city bus lines. All the must-see places to see in Montreux are accessible by bus. Ask your hotel for a bus map or you can pick one up at the station or a kiosk. Tickets can be bought at an automated vending machine.
- By Train: Montreuxhas the Montreux-Oberland-Bernois or MOB line that operates from the 5th and 6th platform of the city’s main station. Panoramic trains too leave from this station.
- By Car: Montreux has excellent public transport, making renting a car moot. If you’re still up for it, ask your hotel where the nearest car rental is, unless of course you’ve driven down to Montreux in a car.
- By Taxi: If all else fails, hire a cab; they can be expensive though, so use them as a last resort.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Montreux. The most preferred mode of transport in Montreux is Bike.
Average distance: 12 km Average time: 27.13 min
Bike 25%Bike 31 min Walking 0.67 min Overall average time for 11.83 kms 31.67 min
Car 25%Driving 21 min Overall average time for 18 kms 21 min
Bus/Trolleybus 8.33%Bus 12 min Walking 10 min Train 7 min Waiting 7 min Overall average time for 5 kms 36 min
Walking 25%Walking 20.33 min Bus 6.67 min Train 6.33 min Waiting 2.67 min Overall average time for 10.83 kms 36 min
Train/Metro 16.67%Train 8.5 min Walking 3 min Waiting 0.25 min Overall average time for 8.5 kms 11.75 min