About Rochers-de-naye, Montreux
Rochers-de-naye, Montreux - Address
Address: Montreux, Switzerland
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 5.8K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Park, Hiking Trail, Restaurant, Entertainment, Observation Deck, Nature
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
At a height of 2,042m, threaded with forest, secluded villages, caves and wildlife, is how Rochers-de-Naye can be defined. Giving perfect panoramic view of Lake Geneva and the Vaud, Valais, Bern and French Alps, this place still manages to be the favorite place for nature lovers.
Take the cog railway from the Montreux railway station and it will take you to the foothill of the mountain. The journey is surely going to be charming as the train passes through the forests, villages and fields of the highland. Then hike for at least an hour to reach the summit from where you can get the stunning view.
Your activity doesn’t end here. From this summit, you can enjoy other activities like: -
- Visit the Marmot paradise wildlife park, Alpine garden
- Skiing in winter season
- For your taste bud, restaurants offering panoramic view are there
Take a delightful journey to this beautiful destination of your dream!
- The place is open all the year around and can be visited in the evening as well.
- Check the weather forecast before going up the mountain.
- Dress in multiple thinner layers so that you can adapt to the different temperatures throughout the day.
- Take sun glasses.
- Wear trainers or comfortable shoes so can hike for at least an hour.
Rochers-de-naye Ticket Prices
Ticket prices of the train:
- Adult – CHF 68.40
- Children – CHF 34.20
- Half – Fare travel card – CHF 34.20
Rochers-de-naye Opening and Closing Hours
- Train schedule – 7:30am – 7pm (everyday)
How To reach Rochers-de-naye by Public Transport
- By train from Montreux railway station.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Montreux before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Montreux and book an accommodation of your choice.
Rochers-de-naye, Montreux Reviews - Write a Review
Splendid views over half of Switzerland and eastern France, along with the lake Leman. Best part is that you can take a train to the top, from Montreux, and it's a decent price. Be sure to check out the train times though, as last return is quite early. Oh, and there's a restaurant on top
Your standing on the edge of the world, looking at the most spectacular view. Words can’t describe this breathtaking experience.
Awesome view! Worth going up there.
With the Leman Lake on a side and the Alps on the other side, Rochers de Naye is one of the most stunning places I have ever been in my life.
Great view and amazing place. Return ticket for a train costs you around 70CHF...
- Nearby Attractions
- Hôtel Parc Et Lac
- 2m2c Montreux Music & Convention Centre
- Montreux, Casino
- Villa Eden Palace Au Lac
- Jugendherberge Passage De L´auberge
- Hotel Eurotel
- Golf De Montreux
- Montreux Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Montreux
- What to See in 48 Hours in Montreux
- What to See in 72 Hours in Montreux
- How to Spend 5 Days in Montreux
- How to Spend 6 Days in Montreux
- How to Spend 7 Days in Montreux