- Address: Montreux, Switzerland
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Park, Hiking Trail, Restaurant, Entertainment, Observation Deck, Nature
Rochers-de-naye - Review
At a height of 2,042m, threaded with forest, secluded villages, caves and wildlife, is how Rochers-de-Naye can be defined. Giving perfect panoramic view of Lake Geneva and the Vaud, Valais, Bern and French Alps, this place still manages to be the favorite place for nature lovers.
Take the cog railway from the Montreux railway station and it will take you to the foothill of the mountain. The journey is surely going to be charming as the train passes through the forests, villages and fields of the highland. Then hike for at least an hour to reach the summit from where you can get the stunning view.
Your activity doesn’t end here. From this summit, you can enjoy other activities like: -
- Visit the Marmot paradise wildlife park, Alpine garden
- Skiing in winter season
- For your taste bud, restaurants offering panoramic view are there
Take a delightful journey to this beautiful destination of your dream!
- The place is open all the year around and can be visited in the evening as well.
- Check the weather forecast before going up the mountain.
- Dress in multiple thinner layers so that you can adapt to the different temperatures throughout the day.
- Take sun glasses.
- Wear trainers or comfortable shoes so can hike for at least an hour.
Rochers-de-naye Ticket Prices
Ticket prices of the train:
- Adult – CHF 68.40
- Children – CHF 34.20
- Half – Fare travel card – CHF 34.20
Rochers-de-naye Opening and Closing Hours
- Train schedule – 7:30am – 7pm (everyday)
How To reach Rochers-de-naye by Public Transport
- By train from Montreux railway station.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Montreux before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Montreux and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Rochers-de-naye
95% of people who visit Montreux include Rochers-de-naye in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
26.5% of people start their Rochers-de-naye visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Rochers-de-naye
94.48% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Rochers-de-naye
Rochers-de-naye, Montreux Reviews
Amazing views, and can be enjoyed by novice hikers and children. Easy access to snacks and toilets. Loved it and would do it again. Magical place.
Amazing. Words cannot describe the view. Easily accessible form Montreux, also has beutiful panoramic hiking trail up/down to Haut-de-Caux. Highly recommend visit in the winter for breathtaking views of mountain tops, and hikes in the summer.
For those who want a quick (half a day- affordable) and stunning view of the amazing Alps, this is the place to go. The view from the top just take your breath away. Take the Montreux–Glion–Rochers-de-Naye rail for scenic views. There's a hotel at the top. Great place for trekkers too. Castle Chillon is nearby if you want to visit.
Excellent trekking route.
Very lovely top of mountain point
- First Apostolic Assembly
- Calvary Baptist Church
- Piatt County Museum
- First Presbyterian Church
- Courtright Gregory
- Monticello Railway Museum
- First Christian Church
- Faith Lutheran Church
- Open Hearts Foursquare Church
- Allerton Public Library
- Monticello Bowl & Lounge
- Kingston Corwin
- Paper Crane Gallery & Studio
- Church Of Christ
- Heritage Center Museum
Find places near Rochers-de-naye, Montreux
Buffet de la Gare Rue du Panorama 42.913 km away
Auberge de Sonchaux-Terravet Route de Sonchaux2.748 km away
Restaurant des Rochers-de-Naye Panoramique Plein Roc Rochers de Naye2.909 km away
Restaurant Plein Roc -0.186 km away
Le Manoïre Col de Jaman2.252 km away
Buvette de Jaman Case Postale 11.068 km away
Gare de Caux Route des Monts2.914 km away