Swiss chocolates and cheese are favorites all over the world, so is its railway. Hence, visiting Switzerland and not having Swiss chocolate or taking a trip in any of its trains, is a serious crime. To put both the options together, board on to Swiss Chocolate train! Hop on to a first-class comforts in a “Belle Epoque” Pullman car, vintage 1915 or hop on to modern panorama car, giving perfect view of Montreux and medieval Gruyeres.
The journey begins from Montreux; takes you to Gruyeres (hometown of Gruyeres cheese) and to the cheese factory with optional visit to Gruyeres castle; then Broc where you see Cailler-Nestle chocolate factory; views of Lake Gruyeres and the Alps. The journey ends back to Montreux.
Take the chocolate trip, pamper yourself with delicious desserts and enjoy the colorful scenery of Montreux.
Swiss Chocolate Train Travel Tips
- Reach the station by 8:30am
- It does not operate in winter
- Passholder fares are non-refundable; non-exchangeable
- Adult and children fare are 80% refundable before departure; non-exchangeable.
- Seat reservations for the Chocolate Train are required and are included in the ticket price.
- Reservations are required when traveling with a rail pass. Reservations can be requested up to 90 days in advance.
- When traveling aboard the Chocolate Train, delicious croissants, coffee and hot chocolate are included in the price.
- Station services include bus transfers and a tour of the Gruyères castle, as well as visits to the demonstration cheese dairy and the chocolate factory.
Entrance Ticket Details For Swiss Chocolate Train
- Children and half fare, groups – CHF 69
- Children with junior card – CHF 49
- Swizz travel pass or AG 1st cl. –CHF59
- Swiss Travel Pass or AG 2nd cl. – CHF 69
Swiss Chocolate Train Hours
- The train tour departs at 8.57 am, reach at least 30 minutes prior to its departure
- This train is offered as a one-day, round trip excursion, just reserve your trip one-way and the return trip is automatically reserved.
The train operates -
- Monday, Wednesday and Thursday (May, June, September, October)
- Monday to Sunday (July and August)
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Montreux before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Montreux and book an accommodation of your choice.
5.38% of people who visit Montreux include Swiss Chocolate Train in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
90.35% of people start their Swiss Chocolate Train visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 8 Hrs to see Swiss Chocolate Train
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Swiss Chocolate Train
Swiss Chocolate Train Reviews & Ratings
Hello, Would you be able to confirm if we can do this on a Monday(31/07) and how to book our spots (2×)? Thank youAnswer Report Abuse