Cairn Of Barnenez140 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: Cairn de Barnenez, 29252 Plouezoc'h, France, Morlaix
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-298672473
- Ticket Price: 6 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Family And Kids
This awe-inspiring megalithic mausoleum isn’t just Europe’s largest… it’s also the oldest in the world. 75 metres long and 25 metres wide, the mausoleum holds two burial chambers – one from 4500 years ago, and another that was added a few centuries later. It’s not allowed to actually go into the cairn’s interior passages. There is evidence that the civilisation that built this one also built other cairns around Brittany – the symbols drawn onto the rocks match those found on other sites. It’s a nice place to stroll – the sky is usually bright blue, the field is bright green, and the sea sparkles in the sunlight. These ancient dudes really couldn’t have asked for a more picturesque burial place.
Cairn Of Barnenez Travel Tips
- English speakers can enjoy a 30 minute brochure self-guided tour.
- French speakers can enjoy a 45 minute guided tour.
Entrance Ticket Details For Cairn Of Barnenez
- Free for under 18, unemployed, disabled and their escorts, and 18-25 years olds who are from the EU.
How to Reach Cairn Of Barnenez
- By car: secondary road D 76 towards Plouezoch and the Barnenez peninsula.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Morlaix before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Morlaix and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Morlaix include Cairn Of Barnenez in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
52.46% of people start their Cairn Of Barnenez visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Cairn Of Barnenez
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Cairn Of Barnenez