Chateau Du TaureauCurrently Closed
- Address: Baie de Morlaix, 29252 Plouezoc'h, France
- Timings: 11:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-0298622973
- Ticket Price: 14 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Hotel, National Park, Walking Area, Historical Site, Resort, Natural History Museums
This imposing island fort was built in 1542 to protect the Bay of Morlaix from the marauding British. It has since been used as a stronghold, a prison, a Nazi base, a resort and even a sailing school. This lively history led to it being declared a national monument, and it is now a tourist favourite.
The best way to get to the fort is by boat from Carantec. These trips don’t sail every day however. You’ll have to check the attraction website for a detailed schedule of visit. It’s best to take the guided tour, after which you’re free to roam.
The highlights of trip are:
- The theatrical or narrated guided tour (in French)
- The picnic area
- The views from the top of the fort
- The boat ride from either Carantec
- The birds discovery workshop
- Boats from Canrantec and Plougasnou usually leave once in the morning and once in the afternoon.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Check attraction website for extensive timing details.
- Adult: 14.00 €
- Children (4-12 years): 7.00 €
- Under Four: Free Entry.
Theatrical or narrated tour:
- EUR 5 for Adults.
- EUR 3 for 4-12 years old.
- 15 minutes by boat from Carantec (Kelenn Beach).
- 45 minutes by boat from Plougasnou (Port of Diben).
- Get tickets for boat 30 minutes before departure.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Morlaix before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Morlaix and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Morlaix include Chateau Du Taureau in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
68.33% of people start their Chateau Du Taureau visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Chateau Du Taureau
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Chateau Du Taureau
We travelled from Plouganach harbour and had a 30 minute boat ride with some announcements in French for local pointers - such as the navigation methods in these rocky waters. The fort is very well kept and 1 hour is about right. Stunning setting.
A great trip out for a good few hours thoroughly enjoyed by three generations of our family....
We took the boat (pre-booked) from Plougasnou Port de Diben. I booked by phone and then collected the tickets on arrival. The Château was fascinating with fabulous views from the top. A sea mist descended quickly on the way back, despite the beautiful weather beforehand. A good day trip and unusual destination.
Wonderful visit. Bring rain gear.
Nice historic place!