Chateau Du Taureau176 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Baie de Morlaix, 29252 Plouezoc'h, France
- Timings: 11:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-0298622973
- Ticket Price: 14 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Historical Site, Family And Kids, Fort
This imposing island fort was built in 1542 to protect the Bay of Morlaix from the marauding British. It has since been used as a stronghold, a prison, a Nazi base, a resort and even a sailing school. This lively history led to it being declared a national monument, and it is now a tourist favourite.
The best way to get to the fort is by boat from Carantec. These trips don’t sail every day however. You’ll have to check the attraction website for a detailed schedule of visit. It’s best to take the guided tour, after which you’re free to roam.
The highlights of trip are:
- The theatrical or narrated guided tour (in French)
- The picnic area
- The views from the top of the fort
- The boat ride from either Carantec
- The birds discovery workshop
Chateau Du Taureau Travel Tips
- Boats from Canrantec and Plougasnou usually leave once in the morning and once in the afternoon.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Check attraction website for extensive timing details.
Entrance Ticket Details For Chateau Du Taureau
- Adult: 14.00 €
- Children (4-12 years): 7.00 €
- Under Four: Free Entry.
Theatrical or narrated tour:
- EUR 5 for Adults.
- EUR 3 for 4-12 years old.
How to Reach Chateau Du Taureau
- 15 minutes by boat from Carantec (Kelenn Beach).
- 45 minutes by boat from Plougasnou (Port of Diben).
- Get tickets for boat 30 minutes before departure.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Morlaix before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Morlaix and book an accommodation of your choice.
64.94% of people who visit Morlaix include Chateau Du Taureau in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
68.33% of people start their Chateau Du Taureau visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Chateau Du Taureau
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Chateau Du Taureau