Old TownCurrently Open
- Address: Grand Rue, Morlaix, France
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art Gallery, Church, Statue, Family And Kids, Old Town
The historical centre of Morlaix is renowned for mainly for the streets that wind through brightly painted half-timbered houses. But while you’re ambling along these pretty streets, also keep an eye out for:
- The great pink-granite viaduct.
- The Church of Saint Melaine – 15th century church containing some artwork and sculptures.
- The hill at Venelle aux Prêtres and Venelle du Calvaire, from where there’s a nice view of Morlaix.
- Rue Ange de Guernisac – intriguing medieval houses.
- Place des Otages – named for the hostages that were brought here by the Nazi’s before being taken to concentration camps; now home to imposing 16th century town houses.
- Square du Chateau – though the castle that stood here has been destroyed, you can get some good views.
- The Church of Saint-Mathieu, and its renaissance style tower.
Amidst all this exploring, make sure you don’t forget to earmark interesting possibly interesting places to eat!
How to Reach Old Town
- You’ll have to walk or cycle.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Morlaix before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Morlaix and book an accommodation of your choice.
68.63% of people who visit Morlaix include Old Town in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
36.07% of people start their Old Town visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Old Town
91.07% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Old Town