St Basils CathedralCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: 2 Krasnaya Ploshchad,, Moscow, Russia
- Timings: 11:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: 7-952983304
- Ticket Price: 3 USD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral
This is one of the popular and very well known tourist destinations of Moscow. Originally a Cathedral, famous for exclusive interior design and unique architecture – the museum is worthy enough to visit for the visitors. The interior is a maze of galleries winding from chapel to chapel and level to level via narrow stairways and low arches. The walls are painted in floral and geometric patterns. If you are in Moscow, considering not visiting this place would definitely a big miss! Though, if you believe in your deity and being a proud Christian, it can be a good experience for you.
- People of all age groups can enjoy.
- If you visit at peak times, you may have to wait.
- There is a restaurant nearby.
- Closed on 1st Monday of each month.
- Metro: Ploshchad Revolutsii
- Chevignon – European Food
- Casa Agave – Mexican Food
- Bells – Caribbean Cuisine
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Moscow before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Moscow and book an accommodation of your choice.
87.58% of people who visit Moscow include St Basils Cathedral in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
52.31% of people start their St Basils Cathedral visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see St Basils Cathedral
53.44% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting St Basils Cathedral
Wow...such a beautiful place with so much history. You can already spent quite a while just standing in front of it and looking at the architecture. Then inside you will be amazed about the art, history, wealth. However, you have to be careful with the opening times since it is closing quite early. It is an interesting place also for people that are not very religious. On the back of the cathedral you will have a nice view over Moscow. The icon of Moscow, it’s a must to do, I think it is worth paying and going inside, but without a doubt the best is on the outside.
Must visit place if you're ever in Moscow. Great place to hangout. I was very lucky to visit when I was there for the world cup. Long queue to get in though
The architecture of this church is unique and unrepeatable. The interior is a bit dark and small. In general, this is one of the most beautiful buildings in the history of civilization. Every time I admire this building as if I saw it for the first time The Red Square is a fantastic place...
I was lucky to visit years ago and it was one of the most breathtaking buildings I've ever seen. I would love to visit again. It is truly beautiful and marvelous and my favourite cathedral in the world.
• One of the Most top sights not just in Moscow or Russia but in the world. • A world famous landmark • It was built from 1555–61 on orders from Ivan the Terrible and commemorates a capture of Kazan and Astrakhan • The church has been part of the Moscow Kremlin and Red Square UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1990. • To enter inside costs 350 rubs Briefly, you MUST come and see it.