St Basils CathedralCurrently Closed
- Address: 2 Krasnaya Ploshchad,, Moscow, Russia
- Timings: 11:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: 7-952983304
- Ticket Price: 3 USD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral
St Basils Cathedral - Review
This is one of the popular and very well known tourist destinations of Moscow. Originally a Cathedral, famous for exclusive interior design and unique architecture – the museum is worthy enough to visit for the visitors. The interior is a maze of galleries winding from chapel to chapel and level to level via narrow stairways and low arches. The walls are painted in floral and geometric patterns. If you are in Moscow, considering not visiting this place would definitely a big miss! Though, if you believe in your deity and being a proud Christian, it can be a good experience for you.
St Basils Cathedral Information
- People of all age groups can enjoy.
- If you visit at peak times, you may have to wait.
- There is a restaurant nearby.
St Basils Cathedral Hours
- Closed on 1st Monday of each month.
How To reach St Basils Cathedral by Public Transport
- Metro: Ploshchad Revolutsii
Restaurants Near St Basils Cathedral
- Chevignon – European Food
- Casa Agave – Mexican Food
- Bells – Caribbean Cuisine
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Moscow before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Moscow and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting St Basils Cathedral
87.67% of people who visit Moscow include St Basils Cathedral in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
52.31% of people start their St Basils Cathedral visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see St Basils Cathedral
53.44% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting St Basils Cathedral
St Basils Cathedral Trips
1 View6 Days 5 Nights6 Day Trip to Moscow, Saint Petersburg from MumbaiBy: Guest UserCity: Moscow, Saint Petersburg
2 Views6 Days 5 Nights6 Day Trip to Moscow, Saint Petersburg from MumbaiBy: Guest UserCity: Moscow, Saint Petersburg
St Basils Cathedral, Moscow Reviews
• One of the Most top sights not just in Moscow or Russia but in the world. • A world famous landmark • It was built from 1555–61 on orders from Ivan the Terrible and commemorates a capture of Kazan and Astrakhan • The church has been part of the Moscow Kremlin and Red Square UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1990. • To enter inside costs 350 rubs Briefly, you MUST come and see it.
Although it's known to everyone as St. Basil's, this legendary building is officially called "The Cathedral of the Intercession of the Virgin by the Moat". Many people confuse this cathedral with the Moscow Kremlin, since they are situated next to each other, but the truth is that they are not absolutely related. The visit to this cathedral is often complemented with other tourist attractions also located in the Red Square and the Kremlin, Lenin's Mausoleumor GUM department store. Please note not to touch any windows, nor any exhibit objects and decoration once you are inside the cathedral.
St. Basil's Cathedral is must see highlight of any trip to Moscow. Make sure you take the time to explore and enjoy all it has to offer. I am pleased I had purchased Skip the Line Tickets to avoid the lengthy queues. I visited twice during my 5 days in Moscow firstly on my own and then with our tour guide who was very knowledgable and gave a different insight into the history of the incredibly beautiful piece of architecture.
One of the most famous cathedrals in the world. So amazing building both in the outside and the inside. Be aware of huge lines to get in. This is a must when you go to Moscow, a fantastic sight to behold!
The architecture of this church is unique and unrepeatable. The interior is a bit dark and small. In general, this is one of the most beautiful buildings in the history of civilization. Every time I admire this building as if I saw it for the first time The Red Square is a fantastic place.