Dilwara Temples274 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Delwara, Mount Abu, Rajasthan 307501, India
- Timings: 12:00 pm - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-2974235151
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
Considered to be one of the most beautiful Jain pilgrimage sites in the world, the Dilwara Temples are a major tourist attraction in Mount Abu, Rajasthan. A Jain layman Vastupal Tejpal built these temples way back in the 11th/13th century. These unique temples are mostly known for the stunning use of marble that makes their appearance even more appealing. The detailed work on the doorways, ceilings, pillars and panels takes this incredible site close to perfection. Once attacked by Allauddin Khilji, the temples have gone under repairs and currently are administered by Seth Kalyanji Parmanand Ji Pedi of Sirohi.
The five temples that are named after the village they are located in:
- Vimal Vasahi
- Luna Vasahi
- Mahavir Swami
Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Mount Abu Itinerary 3 Days.
Dilwara Temples Travel Tips
- No photography is allowed inside the temple complex.
- Dress modestly and remove your footwear before entering the temple.
- There are lockers available on the entrance where you can keep your cameras and mobiles.
- You can also hire a guide who will enlighten you with the temple’s history.
- If you want to perform puja, then bathing before that is compulsory.
Entrance Ticket Details For Dilwara Temples
- Entry is free.
Dilwara Temples Hours
- Open all days of week even on public holidays.
- Jains: 6am to 6pm
How to Reach Dilwara Temples
- By bus: Dilwara road bus stand
- By car
- By taxi
- By auto
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Mount Abu before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Mount Abu and book an accommodation of your choice.
24.14% of people who visit Mount Abu include Dilwara Temples in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
86.57% of people start their Dilwara Temples visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Dilwara Temples
93.51% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Dilwara Temples