Guru Shikhar682 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Guru Shikhar, Rajasthan 307501, Mount Abu, India
- Timings: 08:00 am - 06:30 pm Details
- Phone: +91-2974235151
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: View Point, Family And Kids, Peak, Nature
Guru Shikhar is Aravali ranges’ highest point and is one of the most popular spots in Mount Abu. Located about 15 kilometers from the hill station and is named after Dattatreya - an incarnation of Lord Vishnu, is also known as the peak of Guru. Just adjacent to the temple is the Mt Abu Observatory which carries out several astronomy experiments. Located at an elevation of about 1722 metre, Guru Shikhar is one of the highest peaks in the state of Rajasthan. The peak also provides some stunning panoramic views of the surroundings nearby and visiting it is a must! Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Mount Abu Itinerary 3 Days.
Guru Shikhar Travel Tips
- Avoid visiting this place after dark.
- Keep water bottle and some quick munching snack with you.
Entrance Ticket Details For Guru Shikhar
- Entry is free.
How to Reach Guru Shikhar
- You can reach the foothill by hired taxi or your own vehicle or by an auto. After that you have to hike your way to the temple which is at the peak of the mountain.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Mount Abu before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Mount Abu and book an accommodation of your choice.
60.09% of people who visit Mount Abu include Guru Shikhar in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
35.44% of people start their Guru Shikhar visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Guru Shikhar
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Guru Shikhar