Doi Mae Salong248 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Chiang Rai, Thailand Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +66-53717433
- Time Required: 05:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Family And Kids, Nature, Farm
Located in the northwest region of Chiang Rai, Doi Mae Salong is a mountain top town that calls for a day tour from the city. This beautiful landscape is home to cherry orchards, oranges and above all tea plantations that have replaced the earlier poppy fields. A tea-tasting session in one of the high street's tea shops is now an essential part of any visit to this place. From the top of the mountain you can see spectacular landscapes around.Other activities in the small town itself include checking out the local hilltribe villages and markets; visiting the unusual Chinese Martyr’s Memorial; climbing up to the pagoda on the west side of town, which boasts superb views over the surrounding landscape; and last but not least, sampling the town's excellent Yunnanese cuisine.
Doi Mae Salong Travel Tips
- There are many small hotels and guesthouses available for accommodation.
- Peak season is from December to January.
Entrance Ticket Details For Doi Mae Salong
- Entry is free.
How to Reach Doi Mae Salong
- By Bus: From Chiang rai, take a bus to Mae Sai from Platform 9, get down at Pasang. From Pasang take songthaews.
- Hire a car.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Chiang Rai before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chiang Rai and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Doi Mae Salong Address: Chiang Rai, Thailand
- Doi Mae Salong Contact Number: +66-53717433
- Doi Mae Salong Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Doi Mae Salong(preferred time): 09:00 am - 02:00 pm
- Time required to visit Doi Mae Salong: 05:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
12.91% of people who visit Chiang Rai include Doi Mae Salong in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
35.71% of people start their Doi Mae Salong visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 5 Hrs to see Doi Mae Salong
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Doi Mae Salong
People normally club together Sop Ruak and Saturday Night Walking Street while planning their visit to Doi Mae Salong.