Golden Triangle, Chiang Rai
About Golden Triangle, Chiang Rai
Golden Triangle, Chiang Rai - Address
Address: Sob Ruak Village, Chiang Saen 57150, Thailand
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 9.2K times in trip plans
View Point, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Golden Triangle is the famed border location from where you can see the boundaries of Thailand, Laos and Myanmar as they meet on the Mekong River. This point is of historic value as it was once supposed to be the center of all the poppy cultivation in Thailand. This northern corner was a stronghold of the Lanna culture that prevailed for several centuries and was called the "land of a million rice fields", which hints at the scenic charms that unfold as you make a visit over here. Chiang Rai is considered to be the gateway to Golden Triangle.
How To reach Golden Triangle by Public Transport
- Hire a taxi from Chiang Rai city centre.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Chiang Rai before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chiang Rai and book an accommodation of your choice.
Golden Triangle, Chiang Rai Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Le Terrarium Hotel Chiang Rai
- Karen Hill Tribe Lodge
- Phu Chi Fa Resort
- Wat Huay Plakang 9 Tier Temple
- The Palm Garden Hotel
- A-star Phulare Valley Chiang Rai Resort
- Baan Warabordee
- Phowadol Resort & Spa
- Chiang Rai Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Chiang Rai
- What to See in 48 Hours in Chiang Rai
- What to See in 72 Hours in Chiang Rai
- How to Spend 5 Days in Chiang Rai
- How to Spend 6 Days in Chiang Rai
- How to Spend 7 Days in Chiang Rai