Oub Kham Museum1064 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 81/1, Military Front Road, Robwiang, Chiang Rai 57000, Thailand
- Timings: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +66-53713349
- Ticket Price: 200 THB
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Specialty Museums
Visit the Oub Kham Museum that exhibits thousands of rare Lanna items, as well as the artefacts of the Tai people from neighbouring countries. This museum was conceptualized by a retired teacher Julasak Suriyachai. The museum has been named as Oub Kham Museum, derived from a northern term referring to a golden serving bowl used by the royal family during the Lanna period, which lasted from the 13th-18th centuries. There are different rooms in this museum that exhibit:
- The first room exhibits Lanna arts and accessories such as silverware of Tai peoples such as the Tai Lu, old coins from China’s Yunnan province and an old divorce certificate made of silver.
- The second room houses a collection of Buddha images including an ancient seated Buddha statue from the Chiang Saen era, a white marble image from Chiang Tung in Burma’s Shan State and various small seated figures made from colourful stones, some of which date back 15 centuries.
- The third room exhibits crafted wooden Buddha images from Burma as well as a 500 yrs old small Buddha figurine made of gold.
- The fourth room shows various items from the royal court, including an old silk sarong with gold threads from the family of the ruler of Nan, as well as old fabrics from Chiang Tung, Xishuangbanna and Mandalay.
- Next is a room that imitates a cave to show how Lanna people kept their valuable items.
- The sixth room is a fashion exhibition where samples of colourful garments worn by Tai people such as the dai yi, dai li, jingpo and zhong dai are displayed.
- The last room is the museum’s highlight, displaying a complete set of Lanna-style throne.
Entrance Ticket Details For Oub Kham Museum
For foreign nationals:
- Child: 100 Baht
- Adult: 200 Baht
For citizens of Thailand:
- Child: 50 Baht
- Adult: 100 Baht
How to Reach Oub Kham Museum
- Hire a taxi from Chiang Rai city centre.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Chiang Rai before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chiang Rai and book an accommodation of your choice.
57.42% of people who visit Chiang Rai include Oub Kham Museum in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
31.25% of people start their Oub Kham Museum visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Oub Kham Museum
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Oub Kham Museum