The Naval City PillarCurrently Open
- Address: On Doi Thong, Arj-Amnuay Road, Chiang Rai, Thailand Map
- Timings: 09:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Family And Kids
This pillar exhibits the confluence of ancient Khmer and Lanna concepts of the universe and man’s position in relation to them. It is a series of carved stone pillars – about 1m high – set atop Jom Thong Hill. The main pillar – set on a marble pedestal and slightly bigger than the rest – is surrounded by 108 satellite pillars which occupy the six-tiered concentric circles that radiate around it, representing the six lower levels of heaven. The whole site a mystical aura to it and while you are up here, catch a glimpse of downtown Chiang Rai, the Kok River, or visit WatPhra That DoiChom Thong visible from above.
How to Reach The Naval City Pillar
- Hire a taxi from city centre Chiang Rai.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Chiang Rai before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chiang Rai and book an accommodation of your choice.
- The Naval City Pillar Address: On Doi Thong, Arj-Amnuay Road, Chiang Rai, Thailand
- The Naval City Pillar Timing: 09:00 am - 08:00 pm
- Best time to visit The Naval City Pillar(preferred time): 09:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Time required to visit The Naval City Pillar: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
9.88% of people who visit Chiang Rai include The Naval City Pillar in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
37.5% of people start their The Naval City Pillar visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see The Naval City Pillar
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The Naval City Pillar
People normally club together Mae Fah Luang Art And Cultural Park and Clock Tower while planning their visit to The Naval City Pillar.