Bandra Fort728 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Byramji Jeejeebhoy Road, Bandstand Road, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400050, India Map
- Timings: 06:30 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Historical Site, Fort
A haven for photographers, historians and people who just like to spend some time away from the hustle bustle of the city; Bandra Fort is the perfect getaway. There is a lot of history related to it and the remains of the fort make it quite a hit amongst the young couples of the city who are often sent off from here as the cops keep taking rounds here. The kids love to clamber up the steps of the Fort gardens and play hide-and-seek, while others look at the calm blue-grey water swishing up the rocky banks. Visitors can walk down the base of the fort to see the open sea. Located in one of the most sought after areas of the city, Bandra Fort offers a lovely vicinity and lot of history too! Also known as Castella de Aguada, this was originally a Portuguese fort and was majorly under the hold of the British during their ruling era. They also demolished a part of the fort, so that the Marathas could not capture it!
Bandra Fort Travel Tips
- Avoid writing on the walls of the fort.
- Wear comfortable footwear and clothes.
Entrance Ticket Details For Bandra Fort
- Entry is free.
How to Reach Bandra Fort
- Take a train to Bandra West or stop near Kala Nagar.
- By Bus station: Father Agnel Ashram
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Mumbai before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Mumbai and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Bandra Fort Address: Byramji Jeejeebhoy Road, Bandstand Road, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400050, India
- Bandra Fort Timing: 06:30 am - 07:00 pm
- Best time to visit Bandra Fort(preferred time): 02:00 pm - 04:00 pm
- Time required to visit Bandra Fort: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
4.94% of people who visit Mumbai include Bandra Fort in their plan
42.86% of people start their Bandra Fort visit around 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Bandra Fort
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Bandra Fort
People normally club together Malabar Hill and Walkeshwar Temple while planning their visit to Bandra Fort.