Cathedral Of The Holy Name
- Address: 19, Nathalal Parikh Road, Mumbai (Bombay), India
- Phone: 022-22020121
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Church, Religious Site, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
Cathedral Of The Holy Name - Review
This gothic style church may not be very well-known but those who have been here certainly swear by its beauty and atmosphere. And why not? The church is simply stunning in every way. It is also located in the popular area of Colaba, making it quite popular. That this gorgeous historic site exists in a part of a busy and modern city is quite surprising.
The high arches and the stained glass windows make the place a breath-taking sight. The high ceiling of the church is intricately decorated. The lovely church is a very different and interesting sight to see in the city. The parish of this particular church is also held in very high regard as it is behind teaching so many people the meaning of community and sacraments. Once you visit, you will realise the importance of the place in the form of peace and tranquility that you experience as soon as you enter this church.
Cathedral Of The Holy Name Opening and Closing Hours
- Daily Mass6:30 am Mass in English 7:30 am Mass in English 1:15 p.m. Mass in English 5:30 p.m. Mass in Konkani on Wednesdays and 1st Fridays 6:30 p.m. Mass in English
- Sunday Masses06:30 p.m. Saturday vigil service (parish Mass) 06:30 a.m Mass in English 07:30 a.m. Mass in Konkani 08:30 a.m. Mass in English (Children's Liturgy) 10:00 a.m. Mass in English 05:30 p.m. Mass in Konkani 06:30 p.m. Mass in English
How To reach Cathedral Of The Holy Name by Public Transport
- Travel to the Matunage East station and take a cab or rickshaw from there.
Restaurants Near Cathedral Of The Holy Name
- Bade Miyan
- Cafe Mondegar
- Bagdadi Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Mumbai before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Mumbai and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Cathedral Of The Holy Name
17.15% of people who visit Mumbai include Cathedral Of The Holy Name in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
42.84% of people start their Cathedral Of The Holy Name visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Cathedral Of The Holy Name
87.88% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Cathedral Of The Holy Name
Cathedral Of The Holy Name Map
Cathedral Of The Holy Name Trips
Cathedral Of The Holy Name, Mumbai Reviews
It's the peaceful place for Catholic in Mumbai, and it has over 100 years history. I traveled and it's really good to see this cathedral, because most of Indian are Hindu or Muslin in India. Many people here to pray or find the mind peace.
Found the choir practicing. Such beautiful voices. Calming n peaceful
It's a historical place great place and the surrounding has different places to visit though
This church is awesome. The gothic art and paintings are just spectacular.
Very pretty church with stained glass n artistic interior
All QuestionsCathedral of the holy name
- Eleele Baptist Church
- Episcopal Church On West Kauai
- Kauai Sea Tours
- Holo Holo Charters
- Captain Andy's Sailing Adventures
- Port Allen Small Boat Harbor
- King's Cathedral & Chapels
- Bubbles Below Scuba Charters
- Kauai Charter Sportfishing
- Glass Beach
- Queensbath Princeville Kauai
- Kauai Charter Sport Fishing
- Actors - Ames Community Theater
- Wakefield Woods
- The Space For Ames