Chor BazaarCurrently Closed
- Address: Mohammed Ali Rd | Pydhonie, Mumbai, India
- Timings: 09:00 am - 11:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Street Market, Old Town
Chor Bazaar - Review
Chor Bazaar is a less of a tourist attraction and more of a cultural eccentricity. “Chor” means thief in Hindi and almost every city in India has one of these Chor Bazaars lying around the corner. Before, the place used to exclusively sell stuff that was either stolen from somewhere or sourced from all sorts of illegal activities but today it is a sort of a mixed bags of makets.
It is loud and always full of activity. If you want to see that crazy, crass and colourful side of Mumbai, you can put this one on your list. The place is alive the sound of vendors and hawkers selling their wares, people haggling and the traffic in the surrounding area. It is almost always colourful and full of life. Be sure to check out this rather strange aspect of the city too. You get a lot of stuff here for a very minimalistic rate. Perfect for getting the best deals and also to explore Mumbai at its best, this should definitely be on your list.
If you are a good bargainer then Chor Bazaar is the place for you to get everything (yes, literally everything!)with the minimum price possible. Since it is a no tourist attraction, you do not need to buy any Chor Bazaar Tickets or pay any Chor Bazaar Ticket Prices. The place can be crowded but if you can manage through it, you might end up leaving with some pretty good items by your side at the end of the day.
Chor Bazaar Information
- The red light area of Mumbai is very close from here. Avoid venturing alone in Chor Bazaar.
- It is advisable to not go beyond sunset.
Chor Bazaar Ticket Prices
- Entry is free. You will get a lot of things for a very good price here.
Chor Bazaar Opening and Closing Hours
- Opens from 11:00 am and closes at 7:30 pm.Remains closed on Fridays.
How To reach Chor Bazaar by Public Transport
- Take a cab via Mohammad Ali Road.
Restaurants Near Chor Bazaar
- Manchester United Cafe
- Revival Indian Thali
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Mumbai before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Mumbai and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Chor Bazaar
17.68% of people who visit Mumbai include Chor Bazaar in their plan
6 PM - 7 PM
18.24% of people start their Chor Bazaar visit around 6 PM - 7 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Chor Bazaar
91.22% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Chor Bazaar
Chor Bazaar Map
Chor Bazaar Trips
Chor Bazaar, Mumbai Reviews
All QuestionsChor bazaar
- Arcade Hair Creations
- Holiday Pocono Fishing Lake
- Lake Towamensing
- Cts Designs & Drafting Service
- Hawk Falls At Hickory Run State Park
- Calvary Chapel Of The Poconos
- Placid Lake
- Seed Of Faith Ministries
- Skyline Drive Bar & Grill
- Indian Mountain Lakecivic Association
- Iglesia San Judas Tadeo
- Kingdom Hall Of Jehovah's Witness
- El Lirio De Los Valles
- Lamont Park
- Lamont Public Library