Crawford Market2480 Votes Currently Open
- Address: M Khana Rd, Zaveri Bazaar, Dhobi Talao, Mumbai, MH, India
- Timings: 10:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Leisure, Market, Street Market, Shopping Center
Mahatma Jyotiba Phule market or what used to be known as Crawford Market, is one of the busiest places in South Bombay. Named after one of the most active social reformers of india, the market retains the old worldly charm of Mumbai in many ways. They say that to get the real flavour of a city, visit its bustling markets. If you believe in this adage, be sure to visit the MJP Market.
The wares sold here are of a huge variety. From vegetables and fresh produce to completely bizarre novelty items, you will be able to find a huge variety here. Candles, party decorations, and a wide variety of miscellaneous items can all be found in this area. The building that houses it is also one of the oldest British buildings in the city and hence worth seeing in itself. Besides, it is also located right next to Chattrapati Shivaji terminus making it an interesting place to take a look at on your trip to Mumbai.
Crawford Market Travel Tips
- You cannot bargain for everything, but you can definitely try.
- Try to visit early morning as the first sale of the day is quite cheap.
Crawford Market Timings
- Open only during mornings on Sundays.
- Most shops open up by 9:00 am and some open up by 10:30 am and close around 8:00 pm.
How to Reach Crawford Market
- Take a train to CST or Churchgate. Take a cab from here.
- Manchester United Cafe
- A. Ramanayak Udipi Shri Krishna Boarding
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Mumbai before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Mumbai and book an accommodation of your choice.
17.79% of people who visit Mumbai include Crawford Market in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
59.8% of people start their Crawford Market visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Crawford Market
93.98% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Crawford Market