Dhobi GhatCurrently Open [Closes at 04:00 pm]
- Address: Captain Prakash Pethe Marg, Slums, Cuffe Parade, Mumbai, MH, India
- Timings: 07:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Family And Kids
Dhobi Ghat - Review
Dhobi ghat is somewhat of a distinguishing mark for Mumbai. The word Dhobi ghat is not only used in Mumbai, it can be used in any part of India where a number of Dhobis wash the dirty clothes on a regular basis. But this particular Open air Laundry is something people often remember Mumbai by. The washers, known as Dhobis in the local tongue, who work in an open place wash the clothes of the citizens for a small fee. There are rows of open air washing and little cubicles are made with marble stone where the dhobis can wash their clothes.
It is very popular attraction for the foreign tourists who come here to click the photographs. It is located next to the Mahalaxmi railway station in Mumbai.
The atmosphere of the ghat is always loud and vibrant and it is surrounded by the slums of Mumbai inhabited by so many people. Mumbai residents are dependent upon this place for their daily routine. The fascinating thing to see is the rhythm that is created by the thumping of the clothes on the rocks. It is rather poetic and magical The tourists, who come to Mumbai, must visit the ghat which adds to their unique experience of India.
Dhobi Ghat Information
- Tips & Warnings: It must be remembered that the place might get quite loud and busy so be careful while visiting it in the afternoon.
Dhobi Ghat Ticket Prices
Free entry. It is a sight.
Dhobi Ghat Opening and Closing Hours
Avoid going at night.
How To reach Dhobi Ghat by Public Transport
- Take a train to Mahalakshmi or Currey Road.
Restaurants Near Dhobi Ghat
- Konkan Cafe
- Harbour Bar
- Village-The Soul of India
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Mumbai before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Mumbai and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Dhobi Ghat
95% of people who visit Mumbai include Dhobi Ghat in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
33.15% of people start their Dhobi Ghat visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Dhobi Ghat
94.68% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Dhobi Ghat
Dhobi Ghat Sightseeing Tours
Dhobi Ghat Adventure & Sports
Dhobi Ghat Classes & Workshops Tours
Dhobi Ghat Map
Dhobi Ghat Trips
Dhobi Ghat, Mumbai Reviews
All QuestionsDhobi ghat
- Eleele Baptist Church
- Episcopal Church On West Kauai
- Kauai Sea Tours
- Holo Holo Charters
- Captain Andy's Sailing Adventures
- Port Allen Small Boat Harbor
- King's Cathedral & Chapels
- Bubbles Below Scuba Charters
- Kauai Charter Sportfishing
- Glass Beach
- Queensbath Princeville Kauai
- Kauai Charter Sport Fishing
- Actors - Ames Community Theater
- Wakefield Woods
- The Space For Ames