Events and Festivals in Mumbai
- Ganesh Chaturthi: A majority of the population of Mumbai consists of Maharashtrians; the biggest festival in Maharashtrian culture is Ganesh Chaturthi. What this festival signifies is the birth of the Hindu deity Ganesh. It’s said that during the ten days of this festival, Lord Ganesh himself graces the Earth with his presence and presides over the rituals carried out. On the last day of the festival, all the followers of Ganesh take their respective idols to a nearby water body and immerse it into the water to make way for the deity’s rebirth next year. Go for Mumbai tours during this festival, you will be amazed with the devotion of the people for Lord Shri Ganesha.
- Navratri: To honour the Hindu deity, Durga, the symbol of Power, Navratri is celebrated over a span of nine years. Navratri is celebrated differently, in different parts of the country. The Northern part of the country fasts and prays, while the West celebrates in the dance forms of Garbha and Dandiya.
- Diwali: Known as the festivals of lights, Diwali is celebrated to symbolizes the power of light over darkness, good over evil, knowledge over ignorance to name a few. A festival that extends over five days, it’s tradition to buy new clothes and tidy up the residence to make way for the goodwill that Diwali brings with it. The most popular tradition of Diwali is to gather up family and burst crackers and then go around distributing sweets.
Trip plans for Mumbai
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Mumbai
Mumbai Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Mumbai
Mumbai Street Food Tour17 Reviews
Duration: 4 Hrs
Mumbai (Bombay) is a city best experienced through its diverse and delicious street food. Identifying authentic food on your ...Book Now
Private Mumbai Full-Day City Tour23 Reviews
Duration: 6 Hrs 30 Mins
Join this tour to visit thevarious landmarks of Mumbai all in a day. You will be accompanied by an English-speaking guide who...Book Now
Save 6%Highlights of Mumbai: Sightseeing Tour of Mumbai66 Reviews
Duration: 7 Hrs
This is a private tour of Mumbai. This tour can be customized for tourists who dont have enough time but want to see the most...
Save 7%Private Half-Day Kanheri Caves Excursion from Mumbai2 Reviews
Duration: 4 Hrs
Discover the wonders of Kanheri Caves on a half-day excursion tour from Mumbai, led by a professional guide. The exotic jungl...
- Events & Festivals in Matheran
- Events & Festivals in Alibag
- Events & Festivals in Khandala
- Events & Festivals in Lonavala
- Events & Festivals in Pune
- Events & Festivals in Nasik
- Events & Festivals in Daman
- Events & Festivals in Mahabaleshwar
- Events & Festivals in Saputara
- Events & Festivals in Agra
- Events & Festivals in Leh
- Events & Festivals in Delhi
- Events & Festivals in Amritsar
- Events & Festivals in Chennai
- Events & Festivals in Jaipur