Girgaon Chowpatty3989 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Marine Drive, Mumbai 400004, India Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Beach, View Point, Walking Area, Leisure, Street Market, Family And Kids
Chowpatty Beach is very popular in Mumbai due to its awesome location. The beach is known for being a sunset viewing spot of course. But the real attraction of the beach is the scores of delicious food you get there. Absolutely mouth-watering street food is available on the beach. Delicacies like like Paav Bhaji, the Chaats and the spicy rolls are a must try. The famous Bombay street food is popular because of this beach. Do not miss it!
The best time to visit this place and also the busiest time is the evening. Magicians doing tricks on the beach attract many people. The beach also provides rides of horse and camels.
People come here to perform Yoga, taking morning and evening walks and even to just laze around. Girgaon Chowpatty has a history of movies being shot on the beach and it has seen several popular film stars visit it. The well-known Churchgate station isn’t far from the beach. A huge celebration takes place on the Girgaon Chowpatty during the Ganesh Festival, when the idols of Ganesh are taken on the beach for immersion. So if you happen to be traveling during the festival, do check it out. If you are wondering how to reach Chowpatty beach, then just check out Near-by Public Transport section below.
Girgaon Chowpatty Travel Tips
- You can get a mat for 10 rupees and sit on the sand if you like.
- As a rule, do not swim on any of the Mumbai Beaches. The water is neither safe nor clean.
- You should avoid the beach in monsoon.
Girgaon Chowpatty Hours
- Open 24 hours.
How to Reach Girgaon Chowpatty
- By Bus: Bus 108 and 123 stops at Chowpatty bus station.
- By Train: Girgaon Chowpatty nearest railway station is at Charni Road .
- By renting or hiring a car/taxi.
- Not Just Jazz By The Bay
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Mumbai before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Mumbai and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Girgaon Chowpatty Address: Marine Drive, Mumbai 400004, India
- Girgaon Chowpatty Timing: 24-hrs
- Time required to visit Girgaon Chowpatty: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
26.35% of people who visit Mumbai include Girgaon Chowpatty in their plan
5 PM - 6 PM
27.15% of people start their Girgaon Chowpatty visit around 5 PM - 6 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Girgaon Chowpatty
94.72% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Girgaon Chowpatty
People normally club together Marine Drive and Malabar Hill while planning their visit to Girgaon Chowpatty.
Girgaon Chowpatty Reviews & Ratings
Hi. Are pet dogs permitted on Girgaon Chowpatty?Answer Report Abuse
Hii this is chowpatty is open or not todayAnswer Report Abuse