How to Reach Mumbai
How to reach Mumbai
HOW TO GET TO MUMBAI
- By Plane: The Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport in Mumbai is India’s busiest airport after Indira Gandhi International Airport Delhi. Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport connects almost every major country in the world with Mumbai.
- By Boat: Singapore, Malaysia, Dubai and a few other countries can also cruise to Mumbai.
- By Train: You can get to Mumbai via rail routes from any Indian city. The major stations of the city are Chattrapati Shivaji Terminus (formerly known as Victoria Terminus, or VT), Dadar Terminus, and Kurla (Lokmanya Tilak) Terminus.
- By Bus: You can get to Mumbai from any city in Maharashtra by ‘Asiad Bus’, ‘Private bus’ or ‘ST bus’. Buses also cater to a lot of cities/ states outside Maharashtra like Bangalore, Goa, Chennai, Delhi, Cochin, Hyderabad, Mangalore, and many more.
- By Car: You can use a private vehicle or hire a car to get to Mumbai from anywhere in Maharashtra and a lot of cities/ states outside Maharashtra like Bangalore, Goa, Chennai, Delhi, Cochin, Hyderabad, Mangalore, and many more.
HOW TO GET AROUND MUMBAI
- By Train: You have a local train every 5 minutes in this city. However, the trains are usually overcrowded. Trains get you almost around the entire city.
- By Car: A car is another convenient way to get around Mumbai. You could also hire a taxi or a private cab.
- By Rickshaw: A three wheeler auto is yet another convenient way to exploring Mumbai. You’d easily find Autos when you get on the roads of the city.
- By Bus: The city follows a bus system that takes you to almost every corner of the Mumbai. However, a bus journey may prove to be more time consuming. You can opt for selected Mumbai tours, and explore the city on their own mode of transport.
- On Foot: You could explore nearby restaurants and attractions on foot in the city of Mumbai.
Modes of Transportation in Mumbai
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Mumbai. The most preferred mode of transport in Mumbai is Car.
Average distance: 17.13 km Average time: 58.93 min
Car 35%Driving 59.93 min Walking 1.11 min Overall average time for 19.25 kms 61.04 min
Train/Metro 16.25%Train 40.77 min Waiting 11.92 min Walking 10.08 min Bus 7.38 min Other 5.69 min Tram 0.62 min Overall average time for 23.92 kms 76.46 min
Bike 6.25%Bike 21 min Overall average time for 7.6 kms 21 min
Tram/Streetcar 1.25%Tram 30 min Train 25 min Waiting 15 min Walking 5 min Overall average time for 40 kms 75 min
Walking 17.5%Walking 27.64 min Train 8.43 min Waiting 3.21 min Bus 2.14 min Bike 2.14 min Driving 1.07 min Motorbike 0.5 min Overall average time for 9.24 kms 45.14 min
Bus/Trolleybus 10%Bus 58.13 min Waiting 15.38 min Walking 6.25 min Train 3.13 min Other 0.63 min Overall average time for 19.63 kms 83.5 min
Motorbike 3.75%Motorbike 19.33 min Walking 0.67 min Overall average time for 6.33 kms 20 min
- Other Cities
- How To Reach Port Blair
- How To Reach Kollam
- How To Reach Lansdowne
- How To Reach Munnar
- How To Reach Coimbatore
- How To Reach Alleppey
- How To Reach Havelock Island
- How To Reach Arambol
- How To Reach Sagar
- How To Reach Jammu
- Nearby Cities
- How To Reach Agra
- How To Reach Leh
- How To Reach Delhi
- How To Reach Amritsar
- How To Reach Chennai
- How To Reach Jaipur
- How To Reach Panaji
- How To Reach Varanasi
- How To Reach Mount Abu
- How To Reach Bandhavgarh National Park