How to Reach Mumbai, India
The Easiest Way to Reach Mumbai
HOW TO GET TO MUMBAI
- By Plane: The Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport in Mumbai is India’s busiest airport after Indira Gandhi International Airport Delhi. Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport connects almost every major country in the world with Mumbai.
- By Boat: Singapore, Malaysia, Dubai and a few other countries can also cruise to Mumbai.
- By Train: You can get to Mumbai via rail routes from any Indian city. The major stations of the city are Chattrapati Shivaji Terminus (formerly known as Victoria Terminus, or VT), Dadar Terminus, and Kurla (Lokmanya Tilak) Terminus.
- By Bus: You can get to Mumbai from any city in Maharashtra by ‘Asiad Bus’, ‘Private bus’ or ‘ST bus’. Buses also cater to a lot of cities/ states outside Maharashtra like Bangalore, Goa, Chennai, Delhi, Cochin, Hyderabad, Mangalore, and many more.
- By Car: You can use a private vehicle or hire a car to get to Mumbai from anywhere in Maharashtra and a lot of cities/ states outside Maharashtra like Bangalore, Goa, Chennai, Delhi, Cochin, Hyderabad, Mangalore, and many more.
HOW TO GET AROUND MUMBAI
- By Train: You have a local train every 5 minutes in this city. However, the trains are usually overcrowded. Trains get you almost around the entire city.
- By Car: A car is another convenient way to get around Mumbai. You could also hire a taxi or a private cab.
- By Rickshaw: A three wheeler auto is yet another convenient way to exploring Mumbai. You’d easily find Autos when you get on the roads of the city.
- By Bus: The city follows a bus system that takes you to almost every corner of the Mumbai. However, a bus journey may prove to be more time consuming. You can opt for selected Mumbai tours, and explore the city on their own mode of transport.
- On Foot: You could explore nearby restaurants and attractions on foot in the city of Mumbai.
Are you looking for a Mumbai travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Mumbai
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Mumbai. The most preferred mode of transport in Mumbai is Car.
Average distance: 17.93 km Average time: 58.19 min
Car 35.29%Driving 59.94 min Walking 0.86 min Overall average time for 20.48 kms 60.81 min
Walking 15.69%Walking 25.69 min Train 7.69 min Waiting 2.94 min Bus 2.19 min Bike 2.06 min Driving 0.94 min Motorbike 0.44 min Tram 0.31 min Overall average time for 8.37 kms 42.25 min
Bike 7.84%Bike 31.88 min Walking 0.25 min Overall average time for 11.75 kms 32.13 min
Tram/Streetcar 0.98%Tram 30 min Train 25 min Waiting 15 min Walking 5 min Overall average time for 40 kms 75 min
Train/Metro 16.67%Train 38.29 min Walking 10.18 min Waiting 10.12 min Bus 5.94 min Other 4.35 min Tram 1.76 min Overall average time for 23.29 kms 70.65 min
Bus/Trolleybus 11.76%Bus 52.5 min Waiting 11.75 min Walking 5.42 min Train 2.92 min Other 0.42 min Overall average time for 19.17 kms 73 min
Motorbike 2.94%Motorbike 19.33 min Walking 0.67 min Overall average time for 6.33 kms 20 min
How to Reach Mumbai from Nearby Cities
|Ankleshwar to Mumbai||84.51 km||1 hour 24 mins|
|Lonavala to Mumbai||106.6 km||2 hours 49 mins|
|Nasik to Mumbai||132.03 km||2 hours 45 mins|
|Alibag to Mumbai||136.77 km||2 hours 9 mins|
|Daman to Mumbai||138.49 km||1 hour 21 mins|
|Pune to Mumbai||153.09 km||3 hours 14 mins|
|Mahabaleshwar to Mumbai||167.93 km||2 hours 55 mins|
|Shirdi to Mumbai||212.96 km||3 hours 55 mins|
|Surat to Mumbai||269.15 km||1 hour 16 mins|
|Aurangabad to Mumbai||280.03 km||50 mins|
- How to reach Matheran
- How to reach Alibag
- How to reach Lonavala
- How to reach Pune
- How to reach Daman
- How to reach Saputara
- How to reach Agra
- How to reach Leh
- How to reach Delhi
- How to reach Amritsar
- How to reach Chennai
- How to reach Jaipur
- How to reach Paris
- How to reach Prague
- How to reach Rome
- How to reach Rio De Janeiro
- How to reach London
- How to reach Miami