How to Reach Mumbai - The Easiest Way to Reach Mumbai
HOW TO GET TO MUMBAI
- By Plane: The Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport in Mumbai is India’s busiest airport after Indira Gandhi International Airport Delhi. Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport connects almost every major country in the world with Mumbai.
- By Boat: Singapore, Malaysia, Dubai and a few other countries can also cruise to Mumbai.
- By Train: You can get to Mumbai via rail routes from any Indian city. The major stations of the city are Chattrapati Shivaji Terminus (formerly known as Victoria Terminus, or VT), Dadar Terminus, and Kurla (Lokmanya Tilak) Terminus.
- By Bus: You can get to Mumbai from any city in Maharashtra by ‘Asiad Bus’, ‘Private bus’ or ‘ST bus’. Buses also cater to a lot of cities/ states outside Maharashtra like Bangalore, Goa, Chennai, Delhi, Cochin, Hyderabad, Mangalore, and many more.
- By Car: You can use a private vehicle or hire a car to get to Mumbai from anywhere in Maharashtra and a lot of cities/ states outside Maharashtra like Bangalore, Goa, Chennai, Delhi, Cochin, Hyderabad, Mangalore, and many more.
HOW TO GET AROUND MUMBAI
- By Train: You have a local train every 5 minutes in this city. However, the trains are usually overcrowded. Trains get you almost around the entire city.
- By Car: A car is another convenient way to get around Mumbai. You could also hire a taxi or a private cab.
- By Rickshaw: A three wheeler auto is yet another convenient way to exploring Mumbai. You’d easily find Autos when you get on the roads of the city.
- By Bus: The city follows a bus system that takes you to almost every corner of the Mumbai. However, a bus journey may prove to be more time consuming. You can opt for selected Mumbai tours, and explore the city on their own mode of transport.
- On Foot: You could explore nearby restaurants and attractions on foot in the city of Mumbai.
Are you looking for a Mumbai travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Mumbai
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Mumbai. The most preferred mode of transport in Mumbai is Car.
Average distance: 18.97 km Average time: 58.43 min
Car 37.82%Driving 59.07 min Walking 0.84 min Overall average time for 20.61 kms 59.91 min
Walking 14.29%Walking 24.53 min Train 7.24 min Waiting 2.76 min Bus 2.06 min Bike 1.94 min Driving 0.88 min Motorbike 0.41 min Tram 0.29 min Overall average time for 7.91 kms 40.12 min
Bike 7.56%Bike 32.78 min Walking 0.22 min Overall average time for 11.56 kms 33 min
Tram/Streetcar 0.84%Tram 30 min Train 25 min Waiting 15 min Walking 5 min Overall average time for 40 kms 75 min
Train/Metro 16.81%Train 38.4 min Waiting 10.1 min Walking 9 min Bus 6.8 min Other 5.2 min Tram 3 min Overall average time for 26.65 kms 72.5 min
Bus/Trolleybus 11.76%Bus 51.79 min Waiting 9.71 min Walking 6.07 min Train 4.64 min Other 1.43 min Overall average time for 21 kms 73.64 min
Motorbike 2.52%Motorbike 19.33 min Walking 0.67 min Overall average time for 6.33 kms 20 min
How to Reach Mumbai from Nearby Cities
|Andheri to Mumbai||1.52 km||1 mins|
|Dadar to Mumbai||4.31 km||4 mins|
|Mira bhayandar to Mumbai||7.48 km||7 mins|
|Ghansoli to Mumbai||13.58 km||13 mins|
|Alibag to Mumbai||13.65 km||13 mins|
|Virar to Mumbai||15.45 km||15 mins|
|Navi mumbai to Mumbai||16.95 km||16 mins|
|Bhiwandi to Mumbai||20.1 km||20 mins|