Jama Masjid242 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Sheikh Memon St, Chippi Chawl, Kalbadevi, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400002, India
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Mosque, Religious Site
Right in between Kalbhadevi and Crawford Market, you will find the oldest holy place for Muslims in the city. The Jama Masjid is one of the biggest sites for worship for Muslims and has a lovely environment around it especially on festivals like Ramzan and Bakri-id. Everyday twice you will see people gather here for prayers and the whole area echoes with the beautiful sound of the prayer going on inside Jama Masjid. One of the most frequented places for Muslims, you will always find this area crowded with the hopeful and the grateful.
Jama Masjid Travel Tips
- Women are not allowed in mosques generally. Please enquire before going as you may seriously offend people.
- Do not speak ill of any religion here as it can stir unhospitable environments.
Jama Masjid Hours
- Ask the locals about the prayer timings.
How to Reach Jama Masjid
- Go to Kalbhadevi or take a train from Mumbai central or Masjid.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Mumbai before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Mumbai and book an accommodation of your choice.
1.51% of people who visit Mumbai include Jama Masjid in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
33.33% of people start their Jama Masjid visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Jama Masjid
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Jama Masjid