Shivaji ParkCurrently Open
- Address: Dadar West, Mumbai - 400028, India Map
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Park, Landmark, Entertainment, Leisure, Family And Kids
No other park in Mumbai can boast of being as large and as well-known as Shivaji Park in Mumbai. Located in Dadar, Mumbai, it is an important area in the greater Mumbai. Named after the celebrated Maharashtrian warrior, it has great values both historically and culturally. It had experienced many political agitations before and after the Independence. Many important landmarks of Southern Mumbai like Gymkhana club, Nana Nani Park, and many others are located near the Shivaji Park. The most prominent feature of the park is the huge statue of Shivaji made of stone, located in the middle of the park and surrounded by the railings.
A Long time ago, local people donated money in order to erect the magnificent statue. The park is surrounded by huge cricket ground where the little cricketers practice for long durations. It is a perfect place for catching a sunset or hanging out on a date. Beautiful breeze persists in the air because of the close proximity of the western Arabian Sea. Rarely can such a big ground as Shivaji Park be found in Mumbai.
Shivaji Park Travel Tips
- This is the former residence of Bal Thackerey. It is advisable to be politically diplomatic here and avoid any arguments.
- There are various places to see here, do find out the timings before visiting though.
Entrance Ticket Details For Shivaji Park
- Entry to the area is free.
Shivaji Park Hours
- It is open for 24 hours.
How to Reach Shivaji Park
- Take a train to Dadar West. Take a cab from here.
- Masalazone Bar and Kitchen
- Oven Fresh
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Mumbai before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Mumbai and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Shivaji Park Address: Dadar West, Mumbai - 400028, India
- Time required to visit Shivaji Park: 03:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
30.21% of people who visit Mumbai include Shivaji Park in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
42.08% of people start their Shivaji Park visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Shivaji Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Shivaji Park
People normally club together Shree Siddhivinayak and Bandra-Worli Sea Link while planning their visit to Shivaji Park.