Walkeshwar Temple260 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Banganga Cross Lane, Teen Batti, Malabar Hill, Teen Batti, Malabar Hill, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400006, India Map
- Timings: 06:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-2223692727
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple
Walkeshwar temple is quiet an ancient temple in the city of Mumbai. It has overtime gained a heritage status for its popularity amongst pilgrims and also the beautiful architecture. It is said to be originally made by the Silharas. It was built around 1050 years ago in the beautiful area of Malabar Hill. Walkeshwar is a derivation of Valuka Ishwar who means the sands of God.
You will encounter a really old structure here in the form of Venkateshwar Balaji Mandir. This particular temple is a temple from the Peshwa era and has a wooden canopy which dates back to 1789. Another structure to look out for is the Rameshwar Mandir, which is estimated to be built in 1825. All the structures though are in dire need of getting repaired and re structured.
Legends also say that this temple was actually made by Ram who had sent his brother to get a shivalinga with the purpose of establishing it here. Before it could be brought here, he got another one built from sand.
Walkeshwar Temple Travel Tips
- Please be appropriately dressed according to a temple.
- Find out how can you donate if you wish to.
Entrance Ticket Details For Walkeshwar Temple
- Entry is free.
How to Reach Walkeshwar Temple
- Travel to Malabar Hill.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Mumbai before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Mumbai and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Walkeshwar Temple Address: Banganga Cross Lane, Teen Batti, Malabar Hill, Teen Batti, Malabar Hill, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400006, India
- Walkeshwar Temple Contact Number: +91-2223692727
- Walkeshwar Temple Timing: 06:00 am - 07:00 pm
- Best time to visit Walkeshwar Temple(preferred time): 04:00 pm - 06:00 pm
- Time required to visit Walkeshwar Temple: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
1.76% of people who visit Mumbai include Walkeshwar Temple in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
95% of people start their Walkeshwar Temple visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Walkeshwar Temple
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Walkeshwar Temple
People normally also visit Bandra Fort while planning their trip to Walkeshwar Temple.
Walkeshwar Temple Reviews & Ratings
Temple is open for public,and timmingAnswer Report Abuse
Is temple open this year?Answer Report Abuse