Feldherrnhalle153 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Residenzstraße 1, 80333 Munchen, Germany, Munich Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +49-89290671
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Historical Site, Monument
Generals’ Hall is a monumental loggia that was built after keeping in mind the Loggia deiLanzi in Florence. A loggia is basically a structure that covers the exterior gallery or a corridor. Commissioned in 1841 by King Ludwig I of Bavaria to honour the tradition of his army, this was the very site of the brief battle that ended Hitler's Beer Hall Putsch in 1923. Under the reign of Nazi regime, it served as a sacred site commemorating the 16 Nazi SA martyrs who died in the failed putsch.
Feldherrnhalle Travel Tips
- Recommended to be visited during daytime.
How to Reach Feldherrnhalle
- By Bus: Odeonsplatz
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Munich before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Munich and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Feldherrnhalle Address: Residenzstraße 1, 80333 Munchen, Germany, Munich
- Feldherrnhalle Contact Number: +49-89290671
- Feldherrnhalle Timing: 24-hrs
- Time required to visit Feldherrnhalle: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
0.91% of people who visit Munich include Feldherrnhalle in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
40% of people start their Feldherrnhalle visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Feldherrnhalle
94.74% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Feldherrnhalle
People normally club together Mariensäule and Sendlinger Tor while planning their visit to Feldherrnhalle.