Ludwig Maximilian University Of Munich137 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München, Geschwister-Scholl-Platz 1, 80539 Munich, Germany
- Phone: +49-8921800
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Educational Site, University
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universitat Munchen, the University is in the heart of Munich. LMU is recognized as one of Europe's premier academic and research institutions. There’s a memorial to the White Rose student anti-Nazi resistance movement in the main entrance hall. The university and its current students generously don't seem to mind the constant stream of visitors. Set in the cobbles outside are replicas of the leaflets, the group distributed throughout Munich and in the university itself. The exhibition includes photos and extracts from letters and diaries of the group. Even if you don't speak German the pictures of those young, hopeful and idealistic people and the thought of their bravery and the terrible price they paid for their actions is very moving.
Ludwig Maximilian University Of Munich Hours
- Front office and info desk: Monday to Friday: 09:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. & Wednesday: 01:00 p.m. to 03:00 p.m.
- The front office stays closed on public holidays.
- Recommended time to visit: 11:00 am to 4:00pm
How to Reach Ludwig Maximilian University Of Munich
- By Bus: To Universitat bus station
- By Taxi: To Taxistand Amailienstrabe taxi stand
- By Train: To Munchen Karlsplatz train station
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Munich before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Munich and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.78% of people who visit Munich include Ludwig Maximilian University Of Munich in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
50% of people start their Ludwig Maximilian University Of Munich visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Ludwig Maximilian University Of Munich
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ludwig Maximilian University Of Munich