Ohel Jakob Synagogue131 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Sankt-Jakobs-Platz 18, 80331 München, Germany, Munich
- Timings: 08:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +498-9202400100
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Memorial, Synagogue
The Ohel Jakob Synagogue was built between 2004 and 2006 for the Jewish community in Munich to serve as the main synagogue there. The building is a part of the Jewish Museum Munich and a community center. It was built quite close to Munich’s original main synagogue which was destroyed by Nazis in June 1938 under the pretext of rioting. The synagogue stands today as a reminder of the dark past and as a memorial to more than 4000 Jews of Munich who were killed during the Holocaust.
Ohel Jakob Synagogue Travel Tips
- For guided tours of the museum please visit official website.
Ohel Jakob Synagogue Hours
Prayer Times for Synagogue 'Ohel Jakob'
- Sunday & Legal Holidays: 8 am
- Monday through Friday: 7:30 am
- Rosh Chodesh & Fast Days: 7:15 am
- Shabbat: 9 am
Mincha & Maariv
- Sunday through Thursday - Winter: 15 minutes after candle lighting, Summer: 7:30 pm
- Friday - Winter: 15 minutes after candle lighting, Summer: 7:45 pm
- Shabbat - Same time as 'Candle Lighting' for the previous day.
How to Reach Ohel Jakob Synagogue
- By Bus: Bus 62 stops at St. JakobsPlatz bus station.
- By Tram: Reichenbachplatz light rail station is the closest station.
- By Subway: Sendlinger Tor is the closest subway station.
- By renting a car/taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Munich before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Munich and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.87% of people who visit Munich include Ohel Jakob Synagogue in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
60% of people start their Ohel Jakob Synagogue visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Ohel Jakob Synagogue
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ohel Jakob Synagogue