Viktualienmarkt8850 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Viktualienmarkt 3 80331 Munich, Germany
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +49-8989068205
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Market, Street Market, Street Food
The clamoring Viktualienmarkt, Munich's open air marketplace, is spotted in the heart of the city's old town. The market has been operational since 1807 and it is the most seasoned ranchers showcase in Munich. The market got its name from the Latin word victualia, which implies "groceries".
The Viktualienmarkt is Munich's best place to shop for crisp produce, dairy, bread, and Bavarian fortes. Locals, vacationers, and the city's top culinary specialists come here to fill their bushel with everything from foods grown from the local fields, vegetables, meat and seafood, to baked goods, nectar, flavors, blossoms and juices.
Viktualienmarkt Travel Tips
- There is also a famous beer garden located nearby where people can spend their afternoon drinking and having fun.
Entrance Ticket Details For Viktualienmarkt
- Entry is free.
How to Reach Viktualienmarkt
- Public transport S-Bahn lines 1-8, U3 or U6, Bus 52 to Marienplatz, then walk towards Tal and turn right behind St. Peter's church.
- Hofbrauhaus Munchen
- Conti Gatronomie
- Killian’s Irish Pub
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Munich before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Munich and book an accommodation of your choice.
58.25% of people who visit Munich include Viktualienmarkt in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
34.52% of people start their Viktualienmarkt visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Viktualienmarkt
76.35% of people prefer walking in order to reach Viktualienmarkt