Attukal WaterfallsCurrently Open
- Address: Munnar, Kerala 685612, India
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-4712321132
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Picnic Spot, Nature
Hear the roar of the waterfall from a distance. The mist rises from the depth and blankets the fall. This picturesque place, Attukal Waterfalls, is ideal for nature lovers and tourists. It has a panoramic view and adopts a cascading beauty during the monsoons. Visit this for its charming sceneries, glittering waterfalls and rolling hills. The place is also ideal for long trekking and hiking.
The waterfall is 9 km from Munnar on the way to Pallivasal. This beautiful waterfall has clean clear water, free from pollution. Enjoy a peaceful walk through the hills, take pictures and soak up the beauty.
Past the dense jungle watch the gushing waterfalls. Get closer and admire the pearly white water streaming down. The water twists, turns, and shoots over massive glistening boulders and finally makes it way downstream. Take the narrow wooden bridge to the Attukal Waterfalls. Touch the ice cold water, it is almost mystical. Watch the water gushing with steady rhythm. At times the entire region around the waterfall becomes foggy and luminous. The walk to the waterfall is so beautiful and a treat. Towering hills are wrapped in green and flourishing flowers. This soothing sight fills the horizon and stretches right in front of you. When the water level is low, you can walk up to the rocks and enjoy some splashing around.
Take a stroll early morning and revel in nature. Carry your picnic basket and lay out a spread with your family. Breathe in the fresh mountain air and feel rejuvenated. The peace and tranquillity will surround you and keep you suspended. There are small tea shops close by, so you can sip freshly brewed tea as well. You can hike through the forest to reach the waterfall and see some splendour on the way.
attukal waterfalls is one of the main tourist attractions to visit and should definitely feature in you Kerala Itinerary 10 Days
Attukal Waterfalls Travel Tips
- During the heavy downpour during monsoon, it can get slippery so wear proper shoes.
- Carry a change of clothes if you intend to splash in the water.
- They have restrooms and storage facilities.
- During the rainy season carry an umbrella.
- There is a restaurant where you can have some snacks.
- If you climb the rocks and boulders, it will be at your own risk.
- There are speed boating options in the lake.
- There is hardly any traffic, so you can hike in peace.
- SN Restaurant: Indian
- Rapsy Restaurant: Indian, International
- Eastend Munnar Dining: Breakfast, Indian
- Saravana Bhavan: South Indian
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Munnar before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Munnar and book an accommodation of your choice.
65.21% of people who visit Munnar include Attukal Waterfalls in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
37.08% of people start their Attukal Waterfalls visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Attukal Waterfalls
92.37% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Attukal Waterfalls