Eravikulam National Park8146 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Munnar Post, Idukki Valparai-Gundumalai Trail Rd, Kannan Devan Hills, Kerala 685561, India Map
- Timings: 08:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-4865231587
- Ticket Price: 83 INR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: National Park, Family And Kids, Nature
Go through the park, and experience an esteemed walk through wildlife encounter. The animals roam around freely and often venture up close before shying away. Watch playful Bonnet and Lion tailed macaques loop around trees and sturdy Nilgiri goats dart to and fro. Hang out with species of bats and civets, which are small cats. The more predatory animals such as elephants, tigers, panthers and the sloth bear are viewed from afar. All this and much more at the Rajamalai (Eravikulam) National Park.
The park offers a superb view of the tea plantations and is the most important tourist destination. The rolling hills are caressed by blankets of mist and once in 12 years they become a carpet of blue. This is the flowering of Neelakurinji which is a plant endemic to this part of the Western Ghats. The forests here are commonly known as shoals and there are streams here as well. It has the largest untouched patch of Shola, grassland mosaic when compared to others in the Western Ghats.
The national park is divided into three areas - the core area, the buffer area and the tourism area. In the tourism area tourists are allowed to travel deep into the forest to explore the hidden beauty. Private vehicles are not allowed inside. Only few mini buses can run inside in order to control the environment pollution. The trips are organized by the forest department.
The park has a rare collection of varieties of trees and shrubs. You can find here climax grasslands. The sight of variety of orchids is one of the specialties of this park. Birds like black and orange flycatcher, Nilgiri pipit, and the Nilgiri wood pigeon can be spotted here. Also white bellied short wing and Kerala laughing thrush make their home here. A large number of butterflies and moths flit across so be sure to keep a watch. Quite recently a new species of frog was discovered in this park. These animals are limited only to this park and cannot be found elsewhere.
Eravikulam National Park is one of the attractions in Kerala Itinerary 10 Days
Eravikulam National Park Travel Tips
- The reservation counter is open between 9am to 3pm at the information centre at Munnar.
- The park is closed from February till March during the calving season.
- Food is available for purchase and there are restrooms and lockers inside.
- There is usually a long queue, so be prepared to wait for over an hour.
Entrance Ticket Details For Eravikulam National Park
- For Child: INR 65
- For Foreigners: INR 360
- Reservation fees: INR 50
- Munnar: Indian
- Rapsy Restaurant: Indian, International
- Hazrath Hotel: Indian
- Surya Soma: Indian
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Munnar before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Munnar and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Eravikulam National Park Address: Munnar Post, Idukki Valparai-Gundumalai Trail Rd, Kannan Devan Hills, Kerala 685561, India
- Eravikulam National Park Contact Number: +91-4865231587
- Eravikulam National Park Timing: 08:00 am - 07:00 pm
- Eravikulam National Park Price: 83 INR
- Best time to visit Eravikulam National Park(preferred time): 09:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Time required to visit Eravikulam National Park: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
67.07% of people who visit Munnar include Eravikulam National Park in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
46.69% of people start their Eravikulam National Park visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Eravikulam National Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Eravikulam National Park
People normally club together Rose Garden and Kannan Devan Tea Museum while planning their visit to Eravikulam National Park.