How to Reach Munnar, India
The Easiest Way to Reach Munnar
- By Air: Cochin International airport also known as Nedumbassery Airport and CIAL is the nearest airport. It is 110km away from Munnar by road. The three hour car/bus right it takes to get to Munnar doesn’t let it be the most convenient way to get to Munnar. Madurai International Airport which is 140km from Munnar (by National Highway 49).
- By Train: The nearest railway station to Munnar is Aluva, 110km. Ernakulum is 130km and Madurai is 135km. You can get the direct regular buses to Munnar First Bus starts at 6:00 am.
- By Car: From Kochi- Munnar is 130km (3.5 hr) from Kochi. The road is blind in some places and a lot of traffic congestion. Although the National Highway 49 is smooth, it has twists and curves. From Aluva, Munnar is nearly 110kms from Munnar. Outside Aluva station you can hire a taxi, or catch a bus to Munnar. From Coimbatore, Munnar is about 160kms from Coimbatore and 120kms from Pollachi. This route is also very scenic but is a bit longer. However it is considered worth the extra time spent.
- By Bus: Munnar bus station is on the main street, Main Bazaar. From Kochi buses leave between 6:00 am to 6:00 pm. Aluva is the nearest bus station to the Cochin International airport. It takes 4hrs uphill and 3 hours downhill. There are also buses from Coimbatore and Pollachi.
- By Bus: Government buses are an easy and inexpensive way of exploring the beautiful hill station of Munnar.
- By Taxi: You can also rent or hire a cab to explore the streets of Munnar and visit the main attractions.
- By Bike: If you are travelling alone, you can rent a bike to travel within the city.
- By Auto Rickshaw: Auto-rickshaws are good means of travelling around town and are cheaper than cabs. Easily Munnar’s most itinerary friendly mode of travel.
Are you looking for a Munnar travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
How to Reach Munnar from Nearby Cities
|Pollachi to Munnar||15.18 km||15 mins|
|Theni to Munnar||84.1 km||2 hours 11 mins|
|Thekkady to Munnar||96.6 km||1 hour 45 mins|
|Perumbavoor to Munnar||102.22 km||1 hour 44 mins|
|Kodaikanal to Munnar||107.91 km||3 hours 56 mins|
|Kuravilangad to Munnar||118.43 km||1 hour 57 mins|
|Palani to Munnar||142.52 km||3 hours 25 mins|
How to Reach Cities Near Munnar
- How to reach Ernakulam
- How to reach Coimbatore
- How to reach Alleppey
- How to reach Madurai
- How to reach Kollam
- How to reach Coonoor
- How to reach Ooty
- How to reach Varkala
- How to reach Trivandrum
- How to reach Agra
- How to reach Leh
- How to reach Mumbai
- How to reach Delhi
- How to reach Amritsar
- How to reach Chennai